Search results

1. HMH

New Air Compressor

I’ve used several, along w/ others. They’re all pretty much exactly the same. Not to state the obvious, but are you sure you’re inserting the fitting correctly? Most (all?) small/ quiet series compressors use standard 1/4” female quick connects on the machine. To insert the 1/4” male fitting...
  2. HMH

He has a long wait ahead

You’ll need it to get the cutterhead to turn at this point probably, ha.
  3. HMH

He has a long wait ahead

This sounds like someone who inherited their dad/ grandads stash, and is clueless re: value. I’m an OWWM guy myself, (I don’t know that this qualifies, it does look very similar if not identical to the Grizzly posted above), and have paid premiums for “rare” pieces of old rusty metal, (diamonds...
  4. HMH

Walnut buffet project completed.

Wow - that is beautiful work!
  5. HMH

Source for (quality) split rail fencing in Raleigh area

I honestly didn't know they sold fencing, (havent been there in years), but just checked their website and they have exactly what I need. Thanks!
  6. HMH

Source for (quality) split rail fencing in Raleigh area

Does anyone happen to know any good local resources for quality split rail fencing in the central part of the state? I know that Lowe’s/ HD has it available, but I’m looking today, their stuff was pretty rough….. I only need a very small amount to wrangle in loose basketballs for a new court...
  7. HMH

Does anyone own a Makita LS1019L miter? Need dimensions.

Interesting. My cutout is 26.1/2", but is flared out to clear the full swing of my current 10" saw - I built this setup around this particular saw, hence my concerns about anything else "fitting". Looks like I'll have plenty of room to spare here w/ the footprint of the Makita being smaller...
  8. HMH

Thank you sir! Very helpful - that is smaller, (especially in width) than the saw/ cutout I have, so that'll fit! Given the narrow width, now I'm tempted to just step up to the 12", but I've never had a capacity issue w/ my 10", so will play it safe here.
  9. HMH

Excellent - thanks Wayne! I'd shoot you a PM on this, but given the lack of info online, maybe this thread will be useful to someone else in the future! Re" specific dims, it would be great to know: Height from base to top of table/ cutting surface. Overall width of saw, (w/ the adjustable/...
  10. HMH

Good morning all - random, and possibly a long-shot, but does anyone happen to own the newer Makita 10" sliding miter saw, that would be able to take a couple measurements for me? I cant seem to find any of these on display anywhere local to measure myself. Long story short - I have another...
  11. HMH

Laminated Plywood: A snipe hunt?

Laminating a sheet of standard plywood w/ Formica would likely be better quality still, (thicker/ more durable outer layer), and likely significantly cheaper.
  12. HMH

Finishing/ sealing ROUGH sawn cedar

Thanks all - I actually finished this project up last weekend, (along w/ the stone, counters, getting the grill components set, etc). Still need to install the lights in the posts, but all functional otherwise. Re: finish, I ended up just brushing on SW woodscapes in Cedar bark color, and am...
  13. HMH

Help wanted in Raleigh area this Friday

What they said - even better, if you can find a Penske rental facility, they have trucks w/ lift gates. It’s a bigger truck, but you’re not fighting gravity, even w/ a short ramp. Alt, if you take the table off, a table saw is light enough to handle w/ a dolly.
  14. HMH

"Floating Shelves"- method critique

I really like the dowel idea - even better than my domino idea as the dowels can extend deeper into the “shelf” portion for a little extra structure. Honestly, the only downside I see here is just the mild additional expense of having to by at least S2S stock to start w/ 1 flat face, (I only...
  15. HMH

"Floating Shelves"- method critique

Timely topic! Next on my “to-do list” is a large batch of floating shelves for my boys bedrooms, (~10ea = 20), to flank each of their beds w/ sets of 4, and then another 2 over their desks. Plus 6 in an upstairs media room, plus 3 in a laundry room above a sink, etc etc, etc. I need to build...
  16. HMH

Great advise guys - thanks! Re: a sprayer, I've never done that method, but it certainly makes sense to flood the surface in a hurry, and then back-brush. That said, I suppose the approach is to buy a cheap one, and trash it after? I cant see cleaning oil based stain out of a sprayer being...
  17. HMH

Hi folks - finally wrapping up an outdoor kitchen project I started awhile back, and will be installing a western cedar arbor behind it, wired for lights, etc. after reading several recommendations online, I went w/ rough sawn cedar vs plained/ smooth, as the rough sawn lets sealer get deeper...
  18. HMH

Interesting YT post

In his defense - "trigger"/ click-bait claims like the joke he's making here = shares = views = YT monetization. That is the game there. He should title his next video "Will all table saw manufacturers be forced to implement Sawstop tech". 1M views by the weekend for sure, ha.
  19. HMH

Interesting YT post

This is the YT’ers style of sarcasm boys. I watch a few of this guys videos, and that’s his style. If you’ll notice, the handsaw portion was sped up significantly, but kept the same clock. His full length videos always start w/ some sort of “trigger” like this, and then he unpacks it a bit.
  20. HMH

Used Cabinet Saws

Or a good opportunities to pickup high quality AND cheap dedicated dado saw if you've got the space!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS