Search results

1. davejones

Discovery: a hazard...

Good catch! I recently sold my Hitachi saw, and recommend that you use dust collection with it all the time. See if you can pick something up cheap. Even a smaller, less powerful dust collector would be better than nothing.
  2. davejones

Handsaw skills workshop

Unfortunately it looks like I can't make this after all. Please open my spot up for someone else, and hopefully I will be able to catch the next one.
  3. davejones

Handsaw skills workshop

I would like to attend.
  4. davejones

Finally back to woodworking

Hello All, A re-introduction as I have been inactive on the site here for a couple of years now due to life in general. We moved into a new shop with a detached house a couple of years ago. I finally made enough progress on the house that I can now focus on setting up my shop. It is a 20x30...
  5. davejones

New Tool/Toy Store in Greensboro

Tool Locker Plus just opened up in Greensboro. I stopped by today to see what they have and thought I would pass along the info. They are a service center for Ryobi, Ridgid, Milwaukee, and others. They also are selling used, refurbished, and new tools. Everything from table saws and sanders...
  6. davejones

Sweet Gum Anyone?

I will be bringing down a sweet gum tree in the near future. I seem to remember hearing that it was good for turning, so I thought I would offer. The tree splits into two trunks, each about 10 inches diameter. There is a crotch section near the ground where it splits. If anyone is...
  7. davejones

New Toys! (Pic Heavy)

I wish! I haven't set foot in the shop for quite a while. Been a little too busy to do much of anything. I have some time off in a couple weeks, so maybe I will squeeze in some shop time then if I can get through the honey-do list.:dontknow:
  8. davejones

Senior project completed

It looks great, even in black! It sounds like he learned a lot. I am sure that had something to do with having a great mentor. :icon_thum Even if he does not do any more woodworking right now, I suspect that some day he will long for the feeling of accomplishment once again.
  9. davejones

New Toys! (Pic Heavy)

I spent last Saturday afternoon at the Liberty Antiques Festival, and was able to pick up some new (to me) toys while I was there. I am not sure if these are worth anything, but I thought they were cool. Maybe the experts here will know more about them than I do..... This Bailey #5 will be a...
  10. Hand_Plane_5

Hand_Plane_5

11. Hand_Plane_2

Hand_Plane_2

12. Hand_Plane_3

Hand_Plane_3

13. Beading_Plane_3

Beading_Plane_3

14. Hand_Plane_1

Hand_Plane_1

15. Beading_Plane_2

Beading_Plane_2

16. Beading_Plane_1

Beading_Plane_1

17. Bailey_No_5

Bailey_No_5

18. Bailey_No_5-2

Bailey_No_5-2

19. davejones

What would you do?

.....and with that I have decided against wood. :rotflm: Did I mention I hate painting!!!
  20. davejones

What would you do?

I hadn't considered Trex since I wasn't sure you could get it in white. Looked on the web site and they do have white, I just have never seen it in the BORG. Anyone have experience using a composite railing system?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors