Search results

1. gdoebs

Tracksaw Question

I have the 8' rail and noticed it wasn't cutting straight. The ends were wider than the middle of the cut. I think the track was slightly bent. I just applied a little pressure (a few light taps with a dead blow) to the middle with the ends clamped down. Straighten it right out. I also noticed...
  2. gdoebs

Look What the Big Truck Brought Today!

I have the same one and I love it! Mine was packed better than yours, i had nuts! Definately was a beast to get in the shop.
  3. gdoebs

8" Jointer assembly?

I saw Wall Lumber's site mention that they got some demo Oliver machines from a woodworking show.
  4. gdoebs

Planer advice

I also have the 735 and like it a lot. I also have the blades from Infinity and they are better than the stock ones - it's been a few years and I haven't flipped them yet (they're double-sided). Snipe isn't much of an issue as long as the tables are adjusted properly. Most of the time I'll lift...
  5. gdoebs

Grr-ripper for wavy edges?

I would use the band saw. Even though I have a Festool track saw and 8' track, the bandsaw cuts much faster and takes less setup. It can be difficult to clamp a track/jig down to a board that isn't planed down yet. The band saw doesn't have this problem.
  6. gdoebs

Finished Home Office Cabinet...Finally

I've never anything like this before. Awesome design and great craftsmanship! What kind of wood and how did you finish it?
  7. gdoebs

HELP! I need a New Sander

I have the ETS 125 and love it. I use a Fein vacuum on it and the dust collection is great. I'll be getting a Festool vacuum someday as I think it'd be nice to have the variable suction for different tools.
  8. gdoebs

CT 26, 36,48 owners

Well, in order to get my HEPA replacement filter, I need to get a CT26 first!:rotflm:
  9. gdoebs

Columbian HW Ply from BORG?

You can also special order CFP plywood from Home Depot. I just emailed them today to see if they have anyone local that can get the pre-finished ply that they make.
  10. gdoebs

Festool Gloat and Woodcraft rewards!

Yes, it is in pretty good company. I've been extremely happy with the Festools. So much so I'll be selling everything they replaced: PC plunge router, 2-3 Ridgid cordless drills, PC biscuit joiner, PC sander and the 12" Ridgid SCMS (currently in the classifieds). I even had a great experience...
  11. gdoebs

I was frustrated with my Ridgid. The dust collection wasn't great, it was large for my size shop, and the way I operated the saw could make the cuts off a little - if I didn't pull out and push the saw back in smoothly I could move the blade ever so slightly. Most people probably wouldn't notice...
  12. gdoebs

Picked up my christmas present, a Festool Kapex! Setup was easy and I LOVE the way it cuts. I bought it at Woodcraft in Greensboro. The manager signed me up for Woodcraft rewards which gives you 4% back (I assume as a Woodcraft gift card?). He said he's going to continue doing it on Festool...
  13. IMG_20111214_202849

IMG_20111214_202849

14. Ridgid SCMS for sale

Ridgid SCMS for sale

15. Ridgid SCMS for sale

Ridgid SCMS for sale

16. gdoebs

Woodworking in America 2012 site selection UPDATE

They must be having issues with the survey, folks must be checking their email! Just before I replied to this thread I voted again. Now I see the same page you do.
  17. gdoebs

Woodworking in America 2012 site selection UPDATE

Here's a thread with a link to a page that links to the voting page: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=41568 And you seem to be able to vote multiple times. :gar-Bi
  18. gdoebs

Vote to get WIA in NC!

Voted often! Thanks for posting this. I've always wanted to attend but could never make the trip. With my parents new home in Hendersonville, I'd have a place to stay!
  19. gdoebs

Edging

I like 1/4" thick banding just glued on. I made some curved plywood cauls and glued on some 1/4" felt. I can apply glue to the plywood and banding then use two clamps with a caul to get good pressure along the entire edge. After it dries I flush it up with either a scraper or my trim router...
  20. gdoebs

Adjustable Height Assembly Table?

I'm looking to build one too. I was thinking about one similar to the Sawmill Creek post but I want mine on casters (small shop, got to be able to move it). I've seen Alan's before. I need to look at it again. Sawbuck, what are the dimensions of your top?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors