Search results

1. LeeNC

Lei-Nielsen in CLT May 15th and 16th?!!!

OK this may be old news but some how I missed it. Was it just not well published or did I miss something? (It would not be the first time) I am on kid duty Sat. and will just have to take them with me. Talk about just too good to pass up. http://www.lie-nielsen.com//?pg=73
  2. LeeNC

Tool Hunting In Wilmington

I am going to be in the downtown area of Wilmington NC this weekend for a triathlon and was wondering if anyone knew of any shops that carried old tools? I am going to be swimming for an Ironman relay team (2.4 miles) and it should only take me about and hour. My wife will be doing the whole ½...
  3. LeeNC

3 New Tools, 2 Homemade

Here are three new additions to my shop. The Woodjoy spokeshave was acquired during the Hartvilletool cost+10 special. I have been very pleased with it. The shave was used in the creation of the handles for the burnisher and the hammer. Both of the handles were done with out a lathe. The head...
  4. LeeNC

Memorial Box Finished

Time to post a latest project summary. In keeping with my normal pace of a project or two a year, I finally finished a memory/keepsake box for my wife. Her mom passed away at the end of April after a battle with cancer. Once we were home again, I started on the box. The top is curly maple...
  5. LeeNC

My Flip Top

I figured it is time that I posted pictures of one of my latest creations. I finally built a long needed flip top tool cart for my planer and mini mill/drill press. Each weighs 104 lbs. and I got tired of picking them up when I needed to use them. The wood is all 2X4 from a BORG. I did...
  6. LeeNC

Figured Maple For Memory Box

My MIL passed away last week and I am going to make a memory box for my wife. I have some nice sapele I picked up from The Woodworking source. (Rick is a great guy and if you have not already checked his store out, well worth the trip.) For the lid, I need to find some interesting maple (tiger...
  7. LeeNC

What to do with extra oak flooring?

I have some extra oak flooring and was wondering what I can do with it. I had thought to use it to make drawer boxes and small boxes. The problem is that it is pre-finished flooring. Originally, I had thought of just using my plainer to take the finish off and to clean up the back. I have since...
  8. LeeNC

Platform Bed For My Youngest Son

Over the weekend I finally finished my latest project, a platform bed for my youngest son. His room is on the small side and I wanted to use the space under the matrices as useful storage instead of shoving junk under the box spring (like my bed). The bed is made from BORG plywood and popular...
  9. LeeNC

Eastern Red Cedar

What would be a fair rate for rough 4/4 Eastern Red Cedar? LeeNC
  10. LeeNC

90 deg brackets and 1-2-3 blocks

For those of you who were asking about the right angle bracket that I used for my router table fence, Enco (use-enco.com) is having a sale on their slotted angle plates 4.99 /ea for a 3”W X 2.5”L X 2” H right angle bracket. Serious overkill but very stable and should be square. They also are...
  11. LeeNC

It Has Shipped!!!!

I ordered a LV LA Jack yesterday. :icon_chee I had a choice between a new mountain bike and adding to the tool collection for my birthday. Given that I am in the shop most weekends and rarely on the trails these days, WGD won out. I have the LV LA block and have found it to be easy to use. As...
  12. LeeNC

New (To Me) Akeda Dovetail Jig

I just received my new Akeda DC16 from yellofins! :eusa_dancI have been trying to decide on which one to get for the last few months. The one he had posted for sale was too good to pass up. I am going to make some router dust with it tomorrow. I will post some pictures here later. As a side...
  13. LeeNC

Router Table Fence & My Fisrt Pics

At the urging of many people who so graciously welcomed me here I have decided to jump into the picture-posting fray. What better place to start than my last major creation in the jigs and fixtures category, a router table fence. LeeNC
  14. LeeNC

Hello!

First, a little about my woodworking. I am a relative novice to woodworking. Most of my time so far has been casework for storage in the garage and a workbench. My current project is a platform bed for my youngest son. I have built more jigs than I have projects so far. It is the engineer in...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS