Search results

1. windknot

Powermatic Table Saw Casters

I saw a thread that was several years old regarding problems with the casters on Powermatic table saws. I have a 2000B Powermatic and the urethane casters have completely disintegrated. PM wants $40/caster on their website so $160 + shipping. The saw is extremely heavy and I see no way to...
  2. windknot

Best Finish for Birch Butcherblock Table

I am thinking about buying one of the pre-made birch butcherblock slabs at Lowes for a table at our house Down East. What finish would be best on something like this to protect from water rings etc...
  3. windknot

Mortiser

I am in the market for a mortising machine. I see a couple Jets on CL but before I go that route thought I would check in with everyone to see if anyone has one they are wanting to get rid of or has a recommendation on which machine I should be looking at.
  4. windknot

Lathe Recommendation

I am looking at purchasing a mini or midi lathe but not sure what to buy. I have read all the online reviews and nearly all of them have a different top choice. I am an experienced woodworker but have not turned in 30 yrs so taking the Woodcraft 101 class is probably in the cards. I don't...
  5. windknot

Sassafras Behavior

I picked up about 25bf of sassafras today and wondered if anyone has any glue up tips and any finishing advise.
  6. windknot

New Shop Finally Finished

Last Easter my neighbor's outbuilding caught on fire and consequently jumped to my shop and completely destroyed it and everything inside. My insurance company has been wonderful and yesterday I completed the new shop with the exception of a final coat of paint on the trim work. I am moving...
  7. windknot

In the market for new bandsaw

I am looking for a new bandsaw. I had an older Delta 14" that burned up in the fire but I was never really happy with it. I would like a saw that I can resaw hardwoods, do tight cuts without much vibrating, and control dust effectively via collection system. Anyone have a good solution...
  8. windknot

Need New Shop Equipment

Over Easter my shop was the casualty of a fire originating from the neighbor's garage. Needless to say I lost every tool I owned with the exception of a Makita drill driver. I am getting ready to rebuild the shop and am in the market for a few new pieces. My main losses were a 10" 3hp...
  9. windknot

Leigh D4 Dovetail Jig

I bought a D4 a couple years ago and have not touched it. I really would like to learn how to use it but never can take the time decipher the book and details to be successful. Does anyone have a D4 and has mastered it?
  10. windknot

Heart Pine

I am looking unmilled heartpine weatherboarding. Random lengths is OK, but prefer 10'-14'. I need about 300 sf. I would prefer nothing under 5/8 thick as I will dress down to 7/16. email me at windknotnc@suddenlink.net
  11. windknot

Delta 12" Planer Knives

Does anyone know if the small 12" double sided knives can be sharpened? A set cost $25.00 and up to this point I just pull them out and put them in a pile.
  12. windknot

Should I buy this lathe

I have come across an old lathe, but know nothing about it other than it is variable speed and has a reversing motor. I have attatched a picture for comments/advise. I do not know the brand, but was told it worked and had attachments/tools. What is it worth?
  13. windknot

Jet 15" Planer

I just fried the motor in my 15 5/8" Jet planer last night. It is out of production at Jet but it is the same planer as the Makita 2040. Has anyone had any motor problems and had to rebuild? I dropped the motor off this morning at a shop and have not yet heard a damage estimate. It is good...
  14. windknot

Just found that deal on the Leigh Jig

Well, as always, if you wait around the opportunity will come your way. Picked up a 2yr old D4 this morning that looks like new. Guy said it was too complicated. I guess I will find out for myself. Will post some pics to qualify for an official gloat later on.
  15. windknot

Planer/Jointer Knife Sharpening

Does anyone know of a good place to get knives sharpened? I am in Tarboro so the closer the better.
  16. windknot

Jet Planer

I just scored a deal on a older 15" Jet planer. It is a JWP-15 with only 2 knives on the cutterhead. Anyone got any experience with this planer? It runs great and does a decent job considering the knives are rusty and dull. I just dropped the knives off for a sharpening job today.
  17. windknot

Jointer Snipe Again

I am continuing to get snipe from time to time on my 8" Woodtech jointer. Anyone have any experience in the best way to clear this up?
  18. windknot

Walnut lumber

I have found a source of some walnut but not sure what it is worth. Boards are 10-12 foot long and 8" wide. All is rough sawn 1". It has been racked and under a cover air drying since 1999. What is a good buy and what is a great buy?
  19. windknot

Burning on shaper

I am getting some burn with my stile and rail cutters on my shaper. Do any of you get this on hardwoods? Is this a dull cutter problem? If so who is good in the Rocky Mount, Tarboro, Greenville area to sharpen these cutters?
  20. windknot

Pencil Post Jig

Has anyone made a jig for cutting tapered octagonal posts for a bed? I have seen the videos for both a tablesaw and a bandsaw. Which is the most acurate and user friendly?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS