Search results

1. C

Eyebolts to hang a Jet AFS-1000B Air Filter

No sir. I did want to say good to see you're setting up shop!!
  2. C

How long to wait before planing?

I have shortened waiting time and 'gotten away with it', and other times not. Wouldn't be a good time for glue failures. Perhaps you could have some pre-glued blanks ready to use yet still have participants create new ones to use 'next time' or to take with them 'to go'.
  3. C

What color workshop floor would you do?

Years back now one member here inadvertently "chose" to experiment with a lovely peach color.... aesthetically perhaps not the best option although it still comes up on the site from time to time.
  4. C

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas Hank Hope that you and all those within your house and your heart have a Blessed Christmas and an outstanding New Year. Blessed be~
  5. C

A trip to Old Salem

Haven't been since the covid stopped our last planned trip. Thank you for sharing.
  6. C

Aloha from Clayton

Welcome to the sawdust pile Bill. Appreciate your service and sacrifice. My cousin was a sardine man. He was COB before moving ashore. Similarly he has started doing woodworking. Can't get him to come back to the mountains of his heritage. Yet.... Enjoy the site and jump in when you can.
  7. C

Trip planned to Asheville/Weaverville area

Time goes on and things change and I don't keep up as I once did. Sorry, what I called Fairview Sawyers then became Mountain Sawyers has now closed down. I ought to have checked on them before posting.
  8. C

Trip planned to Asheville/Weaverville area

Have to mention Cormark International. They are an international importer of wood. Located at 179 Reems Creek Road in Weaverville. Doubt you'd be disappointed. Check out their website at Cormarkint.com. Hard for me to go out there and not load up the buggy for the ride home. Jason always...
  9. C

I still do a little woodworking

Sometimes you just go and see how things turn out with no expectations. Good on ya my friend! Hope all is well in your world~
  10. C

New workshop build

Bas I can only imagine how nice it will be to finish building and refitting the space so you can build! Appreciate the way you explained the issues you ran across and how you addressed them, especially the existing issues with drywall bowing and cross tapering floor. Nice write up. Thank you...
  11. C

Latest Turnings

Somehow you keep topping yourself. Awesome!
  12. C

Latest harpsichord finished with sound

Absolutely spectacular!
  13. C

Goodbye - sort of

Obviously the forum has benefited from your knowledge and skills beyond your woodworking. Being on the board and having some insight into the work you did to move us into the 501(c)3 realm, was interesting to say the least! Hope this next chapter brings new adventures and joy into your life...
  14. C

Fairly terrifying - Stepping back to revaluate what happened

First off I am glad you weren't injured. Second thank you for bring this to every one's eyes and attention. I know for me it is easy to get caught up and do something an easy way without considering the safest or even safer way. Lots of thoughts and chance to think and reflect.
  15. C

A Day to Remember!

Congratulations to the happy couple! Blessed be~
  16. C

Happy Birthday Bruce (Sawman1

Day late and a few dollars short - still sending birthday wishes my friend! Blessed be~
  17. C

New Jet

Enjoy that beast Danny!!
  18. C

Old craftsman battery replacement

David I feel you.... I am sentimental about some things like my dad's tools. Most of these batteries are battery packs. Open one and you will find several small batteries about the size of a d cell usually about 3 volts run in series to get to the 15 or 18 the tool runs on. If you have a...
  19. C

Veritas Mark II problem

Had a similar thing happen over the weekend and something rang that little bell in the brain. Found this thread and wanted to say thanks!
  20. C

House Fire

Sorry you are having to deal with such. I wish it was a rare type occurrence. Seen many quite similar incidents and far too many caused by construction, DIY, and hobby efforts. Dust can quite literally explode under the right circumstances, is highly flammable due to the surface area, and can...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS