Search results

1. C

Storing dired wood

I've been away from this forum for way too long... I have just moved from a house with garage where I stored my wood on old grocery store shelves, so it was 100% supported. This worked OK but had issues with loosing boards because they got buried at the back/bottom of a shelf. I am now living...
  2. C

I've been away for a long while!

I just logged in to look for something and noticed that my profile has been marked inactive! Yikes! I guess I haven't logged in in a while... When I first found NCWW, I was unemployeed and had lots of time to spend on the site and playing with wood. I found a job here in Raleigh that lasted...
  3. C

Worksharp supplies

First of all thanks to (??) for the initial post last year about HD's deal on the Worksharp 3000! I've used it well and love it! Now, a tip for those who have not noticed yet. List price for Worksharp sandpaper packs is $19.99. Northern Tool sells them for $14.99! And if you are on their...
  4. C

Finally getting back in the shop

I've not done much in the shop for the past year or so - started lots of stuff but haven't finished anything until recently (like last weekend!). Now, I am hoping to finish the conversion of two wall mounted box type shelves into a single free standing book shelf for my daughter's school...
  5. C

Broken Link

The "How to get discount qualified" link under Klingspor's ad (http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f70/north-carolina-woodworker-discount-program-dq-8987/) is broken and show a Page not found error... Chris
  6. C

Need advice for a bench top

I have an approximately 1 ton oak log that was cut down on my in-law's property. Still sitting there waiting for me to find a sawyer who can cut on site or get it loaded on to a transport and delivered to a fix locale sawyer. Now for the question: I am planning to turn a large chunk of this...
  7. C

Pen turning wood on Raleigh CL

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/726234841.html Enjoy! :swoon: Chris Tully
  8. C

Interesting oppurtunity

found on Raleigh Craigs list. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/714920457.html If only i had the tools and equipment....:no: Chris
  9. C

I am on the way to Charlotte

On Tues I am heading out from Raleigh to Charlotte to pickup a blower that PeteM is giving away:eusa_danc. Does anybody have anything else that needs to make this trip (either direction)? Chris
  10. C

Pony Express tank from Sanford to Raleigh

My in laws have a ~500 gallon tank they are willing to give me for use as a rain barrel, but it will not fit in my van... If anybody is heading North on 1 from Sanford or further south to Raleigh in an otherwise empty pickup, I'd appreciate the help getting this tank transported. Thanks...
  11. C

Sawyer needed in Raleigh or Sanford area

My inlaws have a ~22 in Oak tree that had to be cut:cool:, and they have reserved an 8-10 foot section of the base for me:gar-Bi. Now, I need to turn this into usable lumber. I am quite willing to provide labor for the prcess but I lack all of the necessary tools. Any help or pointers...
  12. C

Another plane gloat...

I got this one almost a year ago, but have not had time to clean it up yet. I found 22" bench smoothing plane at the Virginia Bazaar (just North of Richmond on I-95) for $150, and was seriously tempted but didn't have that much cash on hand that day. So when I got home I started surfing eBay...
  13. C

[Other-Main Site] Kudos! Great site design

Status: Completed Assigned To:: Unassigned ===================================== To the Creators and Maintainers of NCWW: I am normally completely turned off by forum sites by I find NCWW so well designed that I find myself coming back day after day to see what's new. Great Job! Chris Tully:-D
  14. C

Hello from a newly returned NC boy

Chris Tully here. Happy to find such an active community of wood workers in NC. I've been doing projects large and small since childhood. I guess my first project was helping my dad build my first twin sized bed when I was five! Since then projects have been large (a built-in entertainment...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS