Search results

1. Bigdog72

Free to good home

I have a shop built air cleaner for free to a good home. Unit is about 20” x 36” and hangs from ceiling. I used a furnace blower for the air mover and I have 2 stages of filters built in. Ideally, unit needs to be picked up at my shop in Lillington (Buies Creek area). Please contact if interested.
  2. Bigdog72

Need some Cherry (pick up at picnic)

Guys, I need the following for a rocking chair for my wife: 1 - 8/4 x 8 x 48 Cherry 1 - 6/4 x 8 x 48 Cherry Would like to pick up at picnic if possible. Thank you in advance!
  3. Bigdog72

Raffle ticket numbers

I seem to have misplaced one of my raffle ticket notifications. Is it possible to look up ticket numbers?
  4. Bigdog72

Where and when

It’s been about 10 years since my last picnic. Can you please tell me (and others I am sure) where exactly the picnic is, the start time and maybe some idea on a schedule of events? I would be very appreciative!
  5. Bigdog72

Dowel Max

Due to a rocking chair order from the love of my life I have decided to add dowels to my joinery skills. I covet a Dowel Max kit and wonder if there is one collecting dust in someone’s shop. I would gladly pay for the privilege of putting this Nobel tool back to work. Please consider helping a...
  6. Bigdog72

Oscillating spindle sander trouble

One of the casualties of my long layoff from shop work is my bench top OSS. It’s a Grizzly bench top model #G0538. i left a spindle on the machine and didn’t relieve the tension (loosen the nut) and now the spindle is stuck to the particle board top. The drive is working fine. Just can’t get the...
  7. Bigdog72

Dowels vs Bisquits vs Dominos

What’s the best method between dowels vs bisquits vs dominos? Please factor in relevant costs when answering. Some of us are on budgets :)
  8. Bigdog72

Cutting board design program for MAC/IOS

Anybody have a link to a reliable Cutting board design program for MAC/IOS? I have found several for Windows but not for MAC.
  9. Bigdog72

Source for cypress

We used to have a member who offered cypress. If I remember correctly he was in Warsaw and would bring it up to Raleigh area for a reasonable fee. Is he still around? If not, who is your go to for cypress?
  10. Bigdog72

Mr Heater “Big Buddy” (Price Change)

I am selling a Mr Heater “Big Buddy”. This is model #Mh18B and includes the fan and switch (newer models don’t include). Item was used for one season and has been in the box for +7 years. I fired it up the other day and it works as advertised. Now that I am back in the shop after a long lay off...
  11. Bigdog72

Dust collection for Dewalt 735X

I am wondering what y’all are doing for dust collection with your Dewalt 735 planers. My first inclination is to hook up a 4” flex line and let it rip into my DC setup (barrel separator, cartridge filter). But after watching a few YouTube videos I have seen some comments saying the 4” line...
  12. Bigdog72

Ridgid TP1300 Planer For Sale (SOLD)

Planer is sold Ridgid TP1300 Planer For Sale Used Blades need to be changed (comes with extra set) Wixey gauge included (needs battery) Comes as pictured minus the stand. $200.00 Picked up in Lillington, NC
  13. Bigdog72

Wanted:Used Dewalt 735x Planer

I am looking for a used Dewalt 735x Planer in reasonably good condition. I want to upgrade from my Ridgid lunch box. I live in the Lillington area of Harnett county. Will travel up to 75 miles to inspect/purchase.
  14. Bigdog72

Hi guys! I’m back after a long layoff!

Some of you may remember me. My name is Bigdog72 and I was active in the forums from 2008 thru 2014. I stopped playing in my shop back in 2014. Just didn’t have time. Was working way to hard! Any way I finally retired in 2019 and here I am. My wife needs me to do something besides complain. I...
  15. Bigdog72

It's a very difficult decision

My pal for 13 years is very sick. He has a respiratory problem the Vets can't even name. He can barely breath and it is progressively getting worse. We are taking him to Vet again in the morning for the last time. He has been a good dog and a great pal for his entire life and we are going to...
  16. Bigdog72

Bandsaw Blade for circles

What is the best blade size to use for cutting circles on a bandsaw?
  17. Bigdog72

Jessum Mortice Mill

I received an email introducing Jessum's new Mortise Mill and thought it looked pretty fool proof for cutting loose tenons. Take a look at the link and the video and give me your feedback. http://www.jessemdirect.com/Pocket_Mortise_Mill_p/08200.htm
  18. Bigdog72

PSA: Table Saw Safety

Just watched this video and thought I would pass it on. http://www.newwoodworker.com/basic/kickback2012.html The video is at the end of the article. I will not rip without my splitter, I will not rip without my splitter, I will not rip without my splitter.........................................
  19. Bigdog72

Raleigh Saw

Does anyone have a price list from Raleigh Saw for 10" saw blade sharpening ? TIA!
  20. Bigdog72

Bench top tools

It occurred to me this weekend that I might not have my bench top drill press at the right height. When I purchased the unit I set it right on a standard, for me, height bench (34 1/2") but while working with it yesterday I realized that the business end of the drill press, the table, is at...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors