Search results

1. Chipper

Suggestions for band saw blade tensioning

Hi Gang, I haven't posted in a while. I'm trying to figure out the best way to tell if my BS blade is doing it's best. I'd like the best cut possible when sawing veneer. I have a MM 16 witha 1" Resaw King. Laguna says tension it just to the point it does wander in the cut. Some say use the...
  2. Chipper

Ideas for workbench top

Just welded up some 2x2 tube for legs and a piece of angle to attach the legs to the top. I need some ideas for top material. Can't believe the cost of maple work tops from Grainger. $300 for a 72 x30 I remember paying $100 for the same just awhile ago. Looked at Lumber Liq for the butcher block...
  3. Chipper

Fishing Rod Rack Plans

Anyone have rod rack palns for a indoor roll-around rack. Even pictures would help. Some of the rods have a bent butt so there inlies the challenge.:eusa_danc
  4. Chipper

Shallow well drilling-jetting

I need to jet drill a shallow well for irrigation. I've never done this but I saw some old-timers do it when I was a kid.My questions: Can you use PVC or should I stick with Galv. Will I be able to remove the pipe after I hit water and install a well point or is it easier to drive the point down...
  5. Chipper

Basement find!!!

I new this TS was over in the corner of my MIL's basement. I just never had time to dig it out and tune it up. I was going to give it to a friend of mine but then I needed a saw for my flooring job and my shop saw (located at the shop) is hooked to the DC and has shelves and what a job in and of...
  6. Chipper

Hardwood flooring project. Finished!!

OK Honey its done.:eusa_danc 520 sqft prefinished WO 3/4 T&G I reccomend getting a tennoning jig and dado blade out of the deal as well.
  7. Chipper

[Suggestion]What about a Home Improvement Forum!! Now With Voting

Don't we need a home improvement forum on the site. You know... "How do I get the cat out of the dryer vent" "I just installed a basement toilet and it wont flush" "My A/C blows cold air" sorta stuff. But seriously, there are some common geographical home problem stuff that we share like...
  8. Chipper

TS Power feeder ??

I have a small Delta PF, the one with the ball and socket mount. I'd like to use it on my table saw but my contractor saw doesn't have much table behind the blade. Is it different on a unisaw or shoud I be pushing with the feeder vs. pulling.
  9. Chipper

Howdy from VA.

Hello from Smithfield, VA. What a great site for regional woodworkers. I hang out around the Belhaven/Pungo River area and the OBX. My shop is actually in Littleton, NC. Steve Haley

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors