Search results

1. T

Jet sale this weekend matched with BCB 6% back

So by now everyone has seen the Jet sale of an extra 10-40% off to match up with the new General sale this weekend. Well CPO Jet has free shipping, no tax, and they are on the Bing CashBack now as well at 6% so as much as I like to support the local store, you can't pass up free shipping and...
  2. T

Raleigh area meet @ Flying Saucer

Travis, Doug and I were talking up at Woodcraft this past weekend at the sale. They said we haven't seen you since the last drinking up at Flying Saucer and I figured that was entirely too long ago so we should do it again :occasion1 We also have bets on DaveO being the first count me in on...
  3. T

Dust collector pipe

Really considering just ordering a cyclone dust collector for the garage and was wondering where everyone got the pipe they use for all the fittings? It would start at 7" and taper to 5 or 4" to the machine... I see the kits they have but was wondering if there was anywhere local you guys have...
  4. T

Bandsaw blade size opinions

So, my MM16 is setup for the most part now and I messed up one blade, the resaw blade by not learning to lock my table down first (duh forgot I had even moved it). So I have been using one of the other blades it came with 1/2" I think and it is fine but looking for a new resaw blade and a...
  5. T

Grizzly has free shipping on select items

Though their prices went up, they are offering free shipping on some big ticket items right now so you can actually save more than the prices went up in some cases. Not a huge deal but if you were waiting on something.
  6. T

Hardwood flooring nailer

I need to borrow a Hardwood flooring nailer and before I went and bought one, figured I would see if there was one I could borrow from someone on here that isn't using theirs... Just going to install about 800sqft of 3/4 prefinished brazilian cherry in my house over christmas break. I would...
  7. T

Jet 15" planer on Ral CL

Could be a decent deal for someone... http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/955643667.html
  8. T

Grizzly 16" bandsaw on CL

Not mine but someone may want it for the price... I wouldn't consider it a super hot deal but probably can talk him down. http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/934280182.html
  9. T

Jointer size opinions

So looking for my first jointer and looking at some size options... For the value representation combined with good build and quality reviews, I have pretty much decided on Grizzly/Shopfox for my manufacturer. Now I am looking at a couple models and also trying to decide on the spiral...
  10. T

Need some Wood advice on about 40 logs

As I mentioned long ago, before we sold the land I decided to get some trees cut down to stock me up for a long time. Well after much delay and some fighting with a guy to get everything moved over... the sawyer I had found before I ever came on here is ready to get started on cutting them up...
  11. T

Little pregloat

Ordered my MM16 today on the last day of the sale :) Comes with the mobile unit included so don't have to worry about it :) Who has one that wants to come to Cary sometime next week and see the shop and help me set it up and true it up. This will be my first bandsaw... I know already that I...
  12. T

New drill press.. need a table

So in the next week or so I will probably be looking at getting a new DP. I went through a lot of choices but for the money I think I am going to go with the Steel City 17" ... The quill travel, split heads... looks like it is in for the long run and with the money saved over say a PM2800 I am...
  13. T

New guy in Cary :)

Hey guys and gals... My name is Josh and I am a new woodworker in Cary. Just found the site about a week ago and thought I would poke around a little first. I just setup shop and mainly build furniture now for around the house and family though finding time while fixing up the place doesn't...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS