Search results

1. Badabing

SOLD: Air Compressor - Husky 1.7 horsepower 26 gallon oil-less 150 psi

This is a pre-owned Husky 1.7 horsepower 26 gallon oil-less air compressor. 150 psi max pressure and 5.6 cfm max air flow (at 40 psi). It works in the horizontal or vertical position. Comes with handle, wheels, and has a quick connect fitting. This compressor is in very good condition since...
  2. Badabing

FOR SALE: Clear Acrylic Dust Hood (good for lathe use)

Never used. Similar model sells for $25 online. Asking $15. Pick up in South Charlotte, Pineville/Ballantyne area (about 4 miles from the I-485 Johnston Road exit).
  3. Badabing

FOR SALE: Heavy Duty Mobile Base - Customizable Size

This is a customizable mobile base for heavy tools. I believe it is the Rockler model shown here: Rockler Power Tool Mobile Base Hardware ($79.99+). The wood sides can be replaced with another of wood to customize the base size. Asking $50 firm, please. Pick up in South Charlotte...
  4. Badabing

SOLD. PRICE DROP: For Sale: Rockler Crib Hardware Kits

I have two Rockler crib kits for sale. One is rodless and the other uses rods for the railings. Both are in excellent condition and include all mounting hardware and bed springs. If you are interested in making a baby crib, one of these kits is what you'll need. They are both over 10 years...
  5. Badabing

SOLD: RIDGID 18v Hammer Drill - 2 spd, reversible, adj clutch, aux handle

Price lowered again, must go, special pricing for NCWoodworkers! The drill is an 18 volt RIDGID cordless model that is older but in perfect working condition. Used for small projects around the house, not abused. RIDGID 18v 1/2 Inch Hammer Drill (R8411501) - two speed/reversible, adjustable...
  6. Badabing

SOLD: 40w Laser Engraver with Laptop, fan, pump - everything needed to start engraving

This is another example of a tool I thought I needed and never used :( I bought this years ago for my woodworking business with the hope of offering engraving services. However, my business shut down before I got a chance to get this thing going. It is a Chinese version laser engraver that...
  7. Badabing

SOLD: Powermatic PM701 Hollow Chisel Mortiser

Hey all! It's been awhile since I posted on here, hope to hear from some old friends... I'm getting back to woodworking and cleaning out my shop to make room for new tools that I'll actually use. I've had this tool for years after buying it new for a project and then NEVER used it. So it is...
  8. Badabing

Great Sale at PeachTree... up to 50% off

http://www.ptreeusa.com/edirect_081310.htm The GRR...Ripper is on sale, and many phenolic zero clearance table saw inserts, as well as a few other items. I've purchased from them in the past and they are pretty good.
  9. Badabing

Rollerball refills?

Has anyone replaced the ink refill in a cigar pen with a rollerball refill? I was wondering if it's possible. I'm not sure if there are interchangeable ballpoint and rollerball refills for cigar type pens, or do you have to start with a kit that has a rollerball to begin with? I ask because...
  10. Badabing

Question about the odor from acrylic pens

I've only turned a couple of acrylic pens now but the last one has me concerned. It has a very strong chemical-like odor. It has been at least a day since I finished it but it still stinks (so much that I had to leave it out in the shop). I've noticed this smell from the other pens I turned...
  11. Badabing

Acrylic Jr. Gents Pen - my first one

Just thought I'd post this for your review. I got the blank at the Charlotte Woodworking show from Crafts Supplies. I really liked the pattern and color so I thought I'd try it out on a new pen kit (for me, it's new). This is a Jr. Gentlemen't Pen II. I really like it, it is a rollerball and...
  12. Badabing

Pen Question: how do you cut custom center bands?

I mistakenly stumbled onto the option of making a custom center band for a pen*. I used a 2 inch piece of ebony, glued in a brass tube, turned it down to the diameter of the pen and then tried to cut slices off it (about the width of a standard center band). Well, this didn't work so good on...
  13. Badabing

Incredible Miniatures

I just had to post about this...If you like miniatures, then you have to check this out! This guy is truly amazing. His work is BEYOND belief :notworthy: The latest issue of Fine Woodworking has a picture on the back cover of a miniature tool chest. I had to see more so I checked out the...
  14. Badabing

New Droplet shaped Bottle Stoppers...

Just wanted to post some pics and my thoughts on a new stopper kit I started using... I only use stainless steel bottle stopper kits because I sell them and don't mind spending the extra $$$ on that material (also because it is supererior to the plated types). I was getting all my kits from...
  15. Badabing

Tiny Gloat, a little late coming...

Hi Everyone! I haven't been around much lately but hopefully this post will help explain why I've been preoccupied! On Sept. 14th my wife and I welcomed our very first grandchild into the family:eusa_clap Dakota Grace was born at 11:59am that day, 7 lbs. even, and 18.5 inches long. Mom and...
  16. Badabing

Best oil type finish for Shaving Brush handles?

I started to get a little bored just turning pens all the time. Someone asked me about shaving brushes with wooden handles and I was intrigued. After researching the idea and importing brush heads from China, here is what I came up with: While I don't plan on finishing the Cocobolo ones...
  17. Badabing

Recent Pens and a display box...

Hi everyone! I've been pretty busy so my spare time has been spent in the shop rather than on the 'puter. So I haven't been posting as much as I'd like to lately. Anyway, thought I'd post some of the stuff that's been keeping me busy these last two weeks... I made about a dozen pens to show...
  18. Badabing

PM2000 electrical problem

I'm hoping to get some suggestions on how to fix this problem... I bought my PM2000 table saw in November '07 and love it. It has worked flawlessly up until this past weekend. That's when it started tripping the breaker on the circuit sometimes. The saw will come on, but sound like it is...
  19. Badabing

Latest Pen: Suffering from chip out

I wanted to show off this beautiful wood and maybe get some advice on turning burl too... A friend at work ordered a pen from me and wanted a really nice burl wood. I made her an American Classic with Amboyna Burl. The pen turned out really beautiful except for two tiny chip outs in the...
  20. Badabing

Bandsaw tuning needed? Help!

Hi Everyone. At this moment, I am very frustrated. Nothing seems to be going right in the shop today and I have a lot to get done :BangHead: The worst is this piece of wood: It is a piece of Mopani that I tried to resaw off of a 3'' thick 6''x6'' block. I thought I had the bandsaw tuned...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS