Search results

1. T

Happy Birthday McRabbet!

Hi Rob, A belated Happy Birthday! For an old guy you have been pretty quiet lately... Enjoy Sinbad's while you can, they are closing by year's end. Not sure if you knew that. Tim
  2. T

Use of turbocad with shop bot software

Sorry, got carried away with my post and didn't answer your real question. Yes, you can use drawings created in TurboCad with Partworks/V-Carve Pro. You would export it from TurboCad in one of the formats recognized by Partworks, such as .dxf, and then import it into Partworks. You would then...
  3. T

Use of turbocad with shop bot software

The answer to your question would depend a lot on what you plan to create and make with your ShopBot. I purchased mine 8 years ago, purchased both TurboCad and Corel Draw soon after, and have never used either program to create a project. If you purchase your ShopBot new, it will come with two...
  4. T

Horizontal router table

Gregory Paolini, accomplished furniture maker and NCWW member, sells the plans for a similar design. I have the plans and they are very high quality. There is also a link for a company that Greg has worked with to set up a kit with all the slide hardware you need. Worth taking a look at...
  5. T

Happy birthday McRabbet

Happy Birthday Rob from sunny Connecticut! Tim PS the grandkids loved the shark!
  6. T

A member has passed away

To all: My wife and I just got home from the visitation and the flower arrangement sent by NC Woodworker was absolutely beautiful. I am sure they are very appreciated. Randy touched us all, he was a one-in-a-million and will be missed by all. And I think it needs to be said that those of...
  7. T

assistance with Porter Cable 4212 dovetail jig?

Andy, It was great seeing you again today. Woodcraft's website lists the Whiteside bits designed for the PC dovetail jig. Given a choice, I would go with these instead of the PC branded ones if they carry them in the store...
  8. T

New advertiser

I agree with what Rob and Randy said about Mountain Sawyers 120%. Steve and Wes are absolutely the best people to deal with and I purchase everything I can from them. In addition to what Rob and Randy said, Mountain Sawyers went out of their way helping us obtain and store wood and supplies for...
  9. T

CNC carved Hickory Coat Rack

Thanks for all the comments! I normally hesitate to post something completely carved by machine out of respect for the real craftspeople present. But since the wood was purchased thanks to a forum message, I made an exception. Matthew, The simple answer is that's what I had on hand. And I've...
  10. T

CNC carved Hickory Coat Rack

After purchasing some assorted wood from Roy at great prices (http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/f64/cheap-kd-lumber-s-maple-fas-hickory-25122/) I thought I'd post a picture of the first project made with one of the pieces of hickory. The overall size is 50" wide by 9" high and the carved 3D...
  11. Coat Rack with carved Wilderness Scene

Coat Rack with carved Wilderness Scene

Coat rack with carved Wilderness Scene.
  12. T

Happy Birthday McRabbet

Rob, You sure kept that a secret yesterday! I would have taken you out for lunch. Well, maybe next year.... Happy Birthday Tim PS you share a birthdate with my father and oldest granddaughter. must be a great day for birthdays
  13. T

Morris Chairs, Ottoman and A&C Table and Frame

Dan, Those came out great! You should be proud. Tim
  14. T

Toy Box for Grandson

Michael, The carvings were done on a CNC machine called a ShopBot (http://www.shopbottools.com/) which I'm proud to say is a NC company in Durham. I'm not sure how familiar you are with the concept of CNC (computer numerical controlled), but it is simply a computer operated wood router. I get...
  15. T

Toy Box for Grandson

Sorry, I forgot to post the link for the hinges in the original post. Again, they impressed me and I highly recommend them. http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=21288&filter=toy%20box%20lid Tim
  16. T

Toy Box for Grandson

Hi all, Just finished a toy box for my grandson, who turned 1 last week. Material was wormy maple, finished with shellac, glaze and water based poly. Designed and carved his name into the front of the chest and added a carved dog's head to the underside of the lid. All carving done on a...
  17. Toy Box for Grandson

Toy Box for Grandson

Final inspection completed!
  18. Toy Box for Grandson

Toy Box for Grandson

Final inspection in progress!
  19. Toy Box for Grandson

Toy Box for Grandson

Grandson's name carved into blocks
  20. Toy Box for Grandson

Toy Box for Grandson

Detail of inlayed carving