Search results

1. danmart77

Another arm chair completed

don't make sackbacks very often .... this is what the customer wanted. Part of the set is 4 bowbacks and 2 armchairs.
  2. danmart77

Walnut boards and veneer work

Here's a 2 piece cabinet in walnut and walnut veneer. Take a look at the album full of building tips and steps. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?media/the-big-move-up-on-top-of-bottom.117952/ The finish is orange shellac applled with a brush. Around 20-25 coats to complete the finish...
  3. danmart77

How to install a brass patchbox on a longrifle

This is a former door kick cut down and installed on a rifle. Thie is for a left handed shooter. First you have to pencil out what size you would like. After that, you heat the brass to make it soft and bendable. In this case, I wanted pierced openings in the side plates(just taste). You...
  4. danmart77

General Woodworking

Richard I am writiing to get a change made on the forum. We need a section for guys that appear to be locked on debating a TEMU hold down for 8,95 over a Home Depot model for 14,95. This is not woodworking its I found this for less. Your thoughts before I make a proposal to Neal. Dan
  5. danmart77

dovetails for drawers

I made a resources entry for dovetailing and cockbeading a drawer. Take a look. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?resources/dans-table-build.499/ t
  6. danmart77

Tools to help make things easier

I just finished reading a guys request to borrow a hole punch. I wanted to tell him to buy a small piece of steel pipe with and inside diameter of 1/2" and grind an edge on the homemade tool. It made me think of other tools I have made to get a job done...
  7. danmart77

Wanted: Mortise and Tenon magazines

Any woodworkers with old M/T mags wanting to sell of donate?After cutting the joints on the cabinet below I thought of the magazine.
  8. danmart77

Old copies of Mortise and Tenon wanted

I have some copies of the first 8 editions of M/T and I'd love to get some of the old ones in my collection. Will pay or trade other mags for them.
  9. danmart77

What's new at the bench?

One rifle for a right hander and the other for a lefty. I went back after another member mention the use of nitric acid to color maple. Its funny stuff but it requires some instruction to use safely. I am looking for other builders to post some work and not talk about power tools these days...
  10. danmart77

Where did the photos go?

Wondered where photos went in the post I made about veneer work?
  11. danmart77

Recent small table build

Well this is another table build I am finishing. Table in cherry and curly maple.
  12. danmart77

Don't know why this post is not like it was sent?

https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/brass-key-hole-escutcheon-plates.59580/#post-548493 If you go here it says the post is done. Maybe I'm off but these still help readers with their questions. Please let me know what is happening?
  13. danmart77

Hanging corner cabinet in walnut

14. danmart77

Table build

Well here's a recent build with curly maple veneer and pine. I use the pine quite often for veneer substrate purposes. If you would like to see more on the building process go to the address below. Questions are welcomed...
  15. danmart77

Getting dull bandsaw blades sharpened

Does anyone know of a bandsaw sharpening service in NC Dan
  16. danmart77

Time to put the boat in the lake

Well I finally got the trailer put together... so getting the boat to Lake Mickey should be easy. I hope. That's my youngest son Connor in the red pants. He came up from Atlanta for a visit and it was nice to have him there when I opened the package of cargo straps.
  17. danmart77

Figured Walnut table done with veneers cut with a bandsaw

Well here are some photos from an earlier build with walnut veneer. The substrate is a bunch of ugly narrow walnut pieces glued together then I veneered the surfaces. Here's some of the work(you can see more photos in the drop down under Resources above under danmart77 Just turn the legs and...
  18. danmart77

I need to find a good bandsaw maker in the Raleigh area

Has anybody found a good source for bandsaw blades? I need to find some blades 140" long. Any help would be much appreciated.
  19. danmart77

Recent project chair

Here's a week's work to look at in the final stage. After reading about drying green wood in another post I decided to post what you can do if you work it when its green. All of the parts are made with green wood.
  20. danmart77

Woodworkers seminar in Williamsburg and registration information

https://web.cvent.com/event/25a6f08a-af1d-4ca6-9690-81c38cccc684/summary Years ago the Williamsburg Museum and FWW put on a 3 day seminar for woodworkers wanting to know how they made things in Colonial Williamsburg and the surrounding area. If you go to the pasted address above you can find...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS