Search results

1. danmart77

Turning Chair Legs questions

Next time use a dye not oil stain. It dries quickly and it doesn't come off on your hand.
  2. danmart77

My shop in Durham

Thanks to all of the members for their responses and to you Donn.
  3. danmart77

My shop in Durham April 20

Well thinking about going to the shop today I decided to post some of the work that came out of the there. Below you' ll find photos of work that came out over the years and more. l/q 228307 Theres much more in the albums in the media section. If you care to write let me...
  4. danmart77

My shop in Durham

Here's the center of activities on Berini. I built this back in 2012 with help from my son and friend from Vermont helped me wire it.l used materials from a house that was knocked down in Durham. All of the pine was milled down for stick framing when the inspectors down town were unable...
  5. danmart77

Comment by 'danmart77' in media '5_April_003'

Making the white pine rear panel
  6. danmart77

Comment by 'danmart77' in media 'Lamb_s_tongue_tips_009'

here's a photo of the tool. It still needs some shaping to reflect the shape of the channel.
  7. danmart77

Comment by 'danmart77' in media 'Lamb_s_tongue_tips_010'

Using a filed 12p nail to burnish the cove by rubbing it with a rounded end.
  8. danmart77

Water ring fixes on wood finish

How about some photos. Many opinions but not much on recommendations.
  9. danmart77

Mortise guages

https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?media/albums/marking-gage-and-workshop.2190/ Here is the preparation of the parts for the marking gage class. I use this marking gage to cut mortises and veneer. The original design was made by Steve Latta a wworker from Penn. If you look in the file...
  10. danmart77

Matte vs gloss

Years ago I was talking to a guy who goes around NC sanding and finishing gym floors around the state. He told me they don't use any varnish with "crap" in it. The particles have an effect on adhesion. I use oil based varnish and I add some Japn dryer to the mix to accelerate the dry...
  11. danmart77

March 2024 Monthly Contest - Clock Cases

Take a look at Bob LaPlaca's clock https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?threads/tall-case-clock.77987/#post-723733 That is some workmanship.
  12. danmart77

SawStop Legislation

Is this General Woodworking? This debate would fit more appropriately in the Power tools section not this area of the site.
  13. danmart77

In need of resaw help near Durham

I can resaw the wood. If you contact me about wanting to get it done soon use the PM method. Dan
  14. danmart77

Another arm chair completed

Time to look in the Resources Section, Its all in the folder for 6 months. https://ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php?resources/authors/danmart77.1777/
  15. danmart77

Comment by 'danmart77' in media '1-mark_gage_blanks_002'

This is a photo of the preparation of pieces I did for a class of woodworkers interested in a veneer cutting/marking gage.
  16. danmart77

I use the scorp on the left and the long chisel for the back. Last step is using what's called a travisher to smooth it out and finalize the surface. Dan
  17. danmart77

Shepherds Hook Walking Cane Steam Box Bending

My only input for steam bending is 1 hour of steaming for each inch of thickness. Using 30 minutes can have troubles.
  18. danmart77

I bought my last can of $$ealcoat!

Time to buy the flakes and mix it yourself to save.
  19. danmart77

This order came in when the people came to my house and saw the set I have around my table. This is the easiest way to sell chairs: The folks try the chairs out and sit in them before they buy them. My latest chairs feature curly maple turnings and follow traditional lines.
  20. danmart77

don't make sackbacks very often .... this is what the customer wanted. Part of the set is 4 bowbacks and 2 armchairs.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors