Search results

1. L

Need to locate a high quality cabinet door manufacturer- prefer central NC location

I am starting on my next home project which is a new kitchen. I plan to use clear alder for the cabinets and looking to save time and get the project finished, I would like to outsource the cabinet doors. Can anyone recommend a local company within a couple of hours of Greensboro that builds...
  2. L

Recommendations on dovetail joint guides or templates?

I just entered a long post in the DIY section about our upcoming kitchen and bath renovations and our need to find a great designer to work with on the projects. As I think about how I will approach the cabinet work, these big projects might be a good time for me to upgrade my approach to drawer...
  3. L

Anyone know a great kitchen and bath designer?

I am getting close to wrapping up a large closet organizer project (I will post pictures in a couple of weeks when it is completely done) and starting to think about the next two pending projects. They are big ones! We will be tackling a master bath renovation and a kitchen remodel. As you might...
  4. L

Tired of brushing on varnish!

For 25+ years I have been brushing on varnish coats and am always thinking that there has to be a better and quicker way. That said, I know nothing about spray units, spray guns. viscosity, etc... Does anyone have a suggestion on a simple, relatively low cost spray system / method that produces...
  5. L

Is it worthwhile to sharpen table saw blades or just buy new?

Over the years I have had marginal results with having my saw blades sharpened. The sharpened blades do not seem to cut as cleanly as new and they do not stay sharp for very long. As a result, I generally will buy a new blade vs. having them sharpened. So I have this stack of sawblades and yet...
  6. L

Has anyone out there worked with Beech lumber before?

Hi all, I have an opportunity to pick up a stack of beech lumber. I have not worked with this material before. Does anyone have any experience working with it? This is rough-sawn, kiln dried material. How does it machine and any issues with chipping and/or tear out? How does it take a finish...
  7. L

Do belt sander belts go bad over time?

In an earlier post, I mentioned that I am finally back in action from a woodworking standpoint after a three and a half year absence due to living in a rental property. Now that we have our own home again I am busy making replacement cabinets. I had a lot of 3" x 18" belts left which had now...
  8. L

Finishing Hickory

Our family recently bought a house in Climax NC and FINALLY, after three plus years of renting and the tools being in storage, I have a functioning woodworking shop again. Life is good. The house needs quite a bit of work as it sat empty for 3 years before we bought it. Naturally, one of my...
  9. L

Suggestions for protecting tools in a garage shop

After 3.5 years of my shop being in storage due to living in a rental house with no potential shop space, I am finally back in action! We just bought a nice house in Climax NC. I am converting one of the garage bays into my wood shop but noticed a problem that hopefully some of you might have a...
  10. L

Help please from a High Point, NC woodworker

I hope that someone reasonably local to the High Point, NC area can help me out. I am fairly new to North Carolina and as a result most of my woodworking tools are still buried deep in our storage unit. I am having "sawdust withdrawls" resulting from the separation from my tools so have been...
  11. L

Woodworking Industry employment opportunity

I joined the NC Woodworker website shortly after moving here from Wisconsin. What I didn't mention is that the job that brought me here from my home state is in the woodworking industry. I work for Cefla Finishing America where I oversee the operations. We make very high end sanding and...
  12. L

Wood trade anyone?

I build canoe paddles and like to use rare and exotic wood in them as accents. I am able to work with smaller size pieces as I tend to use them as accents only. If any of you out there consider this smaller stuff scrap, I might be interested. I brought with me from Wisconsin (recent move) a...
  13. L

New to North Carolina

Hello to all, My name is Larry Nelson and I am a recent transplant from Wisconsin. I have been a woodworker for about 25 years. Woodworking for me is a hobby only, but a hobby that I very much enjoy. I have done a lot of traditional woodworking such as furniture, cabinets and such. Lately, I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS