Search results

1. C

My Latest Creation

Just wanted to post a pic of my latest wood lath picture. Chris
  2. C

Check it out!

I just posted a new lath project on the lathart blog www.latharthelp.blogspot.com Chris
  3. C

Lathart

I just finished this piece. May still put a piece of glare proof glass over it. It is called lathart, and is cut entirely out of 2x4's. Once cut and assembled I paint the pieces indivdually, and rub it off to maintain the grain, and a kind of weathered look. Chris
  4. C

Mortiser

Going over to a friends house to pick up a mortiser for $40.00.:eusa_danc He bought a huge vertical mill that he uses now, and doesn't need it anymore. Will post pics later. Chris
  5. C

Quilt Rack

Just finished this quilt rack. It's a Christmas present for my mother in-law. A friend of mine gave me the mahogany to build it with. I brought some rough lumber over to his shop to plane it. These were 10" wide boards, and I was'nt sure of the species at the time. Come to find out it was...
  6. C

Unisaw rebuild

Just a few shots of the progression of my rebuild project, I also put a few more pics in my gallery. I am waiting for some parts to put the bearings back in it. I'm hoping to get a motor and belts before or around Christmas. Chris
  7. C

fish tank stand

My wife and I bought a 16 gallon fish tank the other day and she would like me to build a stand for it. It is 20" L x 13" W and 20.5" H. I'd like to find some plans for a simple stand with a drawer and two doors beneath. Any suggestions? :eusa_thin Chris
  8. C

Unisaw Rebuild

I've taken the suggestion of some members here, and have disassembled my Unisaw. I have sanded down the cabinet and base, and have one more coat of paint left. In examining the arbor I have found that the the threads are stripped and that It has some wobble to it, so needless to say, I am going...
  9. C

lathart

This is a picture that I constructed out of 2x4 strips and acrylic paints. It is a picture of my In-laws restaurant in Vass. This is called lathart. I am currently working on another picture of a golf course scene. I also like to do Intarsia and fretwork, but am currently expanding my shop to do...
  10. C

reconditioning Delta Unisaw

I've been sanding oxidation off of surface of an old table saw, any suggestions about getting a nice finish on this piece of steel?:eusa_thin Chris
  11. C

Delta/ Rockwell Unisaw

A friend just gave me an older Delta/ Rockwell Unisaw, and I need a motor and switch. Possibly some more stuff, but I haven't really checked yet. Model # 34-450. Any suggestions? Chris
  12. C

1st post

Hello everyone! My name is Chris and I live in Cameron NC, I like other newcomers have been lurking for awhile and thought I'd introduce myself. I mostly dabble in small stuff on my scrollsaw but I am accumulating some bigger equiptment, and am considering stepping it up a notch. A friend...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors