Search results

1. Lathart in progress

Lathart in progress

2. C

what you working on?

I've just got tons of yard work. :gar-Cr I am working on a new drawing for a lathart picture for a friends gallery. I'm hoping to attract some commission work from this piece. Chris
  3. C

Free Pattern for you guys!

Thanks phillip, I'll also use this one as a gift. Chris
  4. C

Finally done !!

I just got back from vacation, so I just saw this post. Nice work Robert. Always love to see your handy work. Chris
  5. C

First Attempt At Intarsia!

That looks great! I did a killer whale as my first project back in 97. Chris
  6. C

Sailing Away - finally finished

OK! OK! OK! OK! OK! My name is Chris and I'm a scroll-a-holic too.:wconfused: I Know I'm a little late with this, but nice work Cathy! I love nautical themes. Chris
  7. C

You asked for a less detailed project...

Hey Cathy, When I copy to my paint program, I can use the select option to grab each letter and move it up, down, or side to side. Sometimes I have to do a little pencil work after I make a copy and enlarge with my copy machine. I'm not that great at explaining this stuff. I'd love to get Corel...
  8. C

You asked for a less detailed project...

Cathy, I did a bunch of Toni's word art over the Holidays......"Give Thanks", and Merry Christmas. I put them on small routered bases that I made for them and sold them on the counter at my family's restaurant. I ended up cutting out about 24 of them altogether. I'd like to get Corel Draw and do...
  9. C

Heres two finished projects

Jonathan, I found that when I began doing intarsia it was best to stay on the inside edge of the line. This would create a small gap between the pieces. Reason being, if your not that experienced yet, and try to go directly on the line this creates a tighter fit, but if you deviate a little it...
  10. C

Heres two finished projects

I really like the glass behind the sunfish. That is a Creative Woodworks & Crafts pattern. If anyone wants to try it you can get that pattern for free at www.woodworksandcrafts.com/issues/current.shtml . Just scroll down at look to the left for the free sunfish pattern. I subscribe to this...
  11. C

Testing new waters

Hey Robert! Check out my recent intarsia project. It was pretty simple, but fun. Chris
  12. running horses scroll work

running horses scroll work

13. Lathart picture of horse

Lathart picture of horse

14. lathart picture of beach house

lathart picture of beach house

15. Intarsia palm trees

Intarsia palm trees

16. C

Testing new waters

That's nice Robert! I still haven't tried the baskets myself, may have to try sometime to keep up with my fellow scrollers in here. Chris
  17. C

Latest

Thats awsome! I agree, definintely calander material Chris
  18. C

My Latest Creation

Glen, it is interesting that you would mention the lath behind plaster in old houses, because it was old lath from beach front fences, or old lobster traps, that was traditional used in this type of artwork. Chris
  19. C

My Latest Creation

Hey Joe, to be honest, it took me awhile to really be satisfied with the trap, but the nice thing about lathart is that it is done in pieces and if one piece doesn't work you can always scrap it and try another until the desired affect is obtained. I got a little tedious with that picture...
  20. C

My Latest Creation

Thank's everyone! Bladeburner, it is cool to hear that you even got as far as ripping some lath. I'm hoping to post a simple pattern on the blog eventually, with some step by step. I'll keep you posted. Chris

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS