Search results

1. Rescue U

And the Brown Truck dropped off.....

Brian, Your going to love it man! I have had one for about six months now, and it has really been a great addition. The only problem, is that your gonna want more accessories for it! :wsmile:
  2. Rescue U

Desk Project - with pics

All I can say is Wow! That is a beautiful piece of Bubinga, and a great presentation for Mother Natures artwork!
  3. Rescue U

Urgent! 1000 bf of Walnut for Sale!

Hey Guys, I have been informed this eve, that the remainder of the lumber has been purchased by a gentleman and his, to start a WW business. I called to arrange the purchase of another 100bf, but was given the bad news. I have been fortunate enough to obtain approx 300bf though, so I am still...
  4. Rescue U

Urgent! 1000 bf of Walnut for Sale!

Hello Guys and Gals, Today I met an 86yo gentleman who has been woodworking for over 60 years, and whom was still cutting down trees at 80 years old. This gentleman has also been collecting walnut and various other woods for over 30 years. Unfortunately he has become disabled due to illness over...
  5. Rescue U

Great Dado Blade!

Hey Guys, I just picked up a new Freud Dado Pro blade, and it is really sweet. I was using an Oldham previously, due to using my router table for dadoes more often, but this thing is accurate, and makes seriously flat bottom dadoes. Later, Dom
  6. Rescue U

I got the watch

Great Score Bladeburner, I have the little brother RO125, and it is great. I went with it because of the lighter weight and newer features at the time, however now the RO150 has the same and then some, so I will probably end up buying the big guy as well. The only problem is that I will...
  7. Rescue U

I received a Festool demonstration...

I dont recall who made the comment, however he said that " No matter how good or bad the tools are, the projects are only limited by the craftman's will and imagination". I bring this up, because although Festool products are nice, woodworkers have made great furniture and projects long before...
  8. Rescue U

Hey Guys, Here is the pic of my Festools. I wanted to post it over the weekend, however I was too busy. I will be posting some project pics soon aswell. Later, Dom
  9. Rescue U

SCSMITH42, I love my Festools aswell, however if I had to do it all over again, I don't think that I would be selling all of my other tools and buying Festool. They are built well, and the system is nice, but I find it time consuming. I have the mft, ro125, ts55, ct22, of1400 router...
  10. Rescue U

Worksharp WS3000

Pappy J, I have been going at it freehand, because I was not aware that I could mount the darn thing upside down. I guess I should have read the instructions a little further. :oops: I will attempt this process on Thurs., and report back. Thanks!
  11. Rescue U

Worksharp WS3000

The WorkSharp is great for flat tools, however I have found it difficult to sharpen my curved tools with the same accuracy as the flat tools. I will be making jigs to assist with the process, once I get some time on my hands. For now, I'll just keep my plane blades and chisels razor sharp.
  12. Rescue U

What doesn't stick to CA glue

I have found that a piece of mdf coated with a good layer of non silicon wax works great. The waxed surface keeps the glue from adhearing. Just use a scrap piece large enough to make a good work surface, and you can then move it around as needed. Good Luck! Dom
  13. Rescue U

Virginia is for Woodworkers!

Hey guys, I have not had an opportunity to post any pics as of yet, however I do plan to in the near future. I do not have any specialty that I can claim, It is pretty much what strikes me at the time, or what is needed. I am making a jewellery armoire for my wife right now, because we were...
  14. Rescue U

Someone interested in making 2 shelves?

John, Where in VA is the client? I am in the Tidewater area, and could possibly be of assistance. Dominic
  15. Rescue U

Guys, I would like to Thank you all, for such a warm welcome. I learned of this site while attending a family reunion in Raleigh. During one of my outings, I happened upon one of my favorite places, the Wood Craft store. I had a chance to speak with the great guys at the store, only to...
  16. Rescue U

On Eagle's Wing of Woven Wood

Awesome pens!
  17. Rescue U

Hello Everyone, My name is Dominic, and I am new to this site. I just wanted to say hello from VA. I am really impressed with the info and professionalism of this site. I can see that I will be spending way too much time browsing the post. I am a Firefighter/Paramedic by profession. I enjoy...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors