Search results

1. redhawknc1

How much for cherry and walnut?

I have stockpiled some very nice cherry and some beautiful thick walnut. The cherry is 6/4 and the walnut is 10/4 with widths of 8" or better. I am looking to sell this and would like to know what a fair asking price is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. All has been dried and stored for...
  2. redhawknc1

Need help with my Pine Flooring....

Wife has me doing some remodeling in the house this winter as always. Currently remodeling our Master Bedroom. The painting, tearing out an old make-up vanity, etc. are finished. My problem is with the flooring. The flooring is 11" wide heart pine 14' long. Being a soft wood, the floors have...
  3. redhawknc1

I wanta make some boxes....

Any suggestions on a good book(cd) to get me started out with the fundamentals of box making? Would like a book with the fundamentals of box making and some ideals. Different joinery, styles, lids, etc, etc....Thought I would make a few before getting back onto my second workbench. Thanks in...
  4. redhawknc1

...a few more simple projects

My wife was wanting some cutting boards for friends this year for presents. Needed them for a trip she is taking for the next few days.Whipped up these in time... Also, finished another little piece of Shop Furniture...a small plane till. Maybe I can get started back on my new bench now.
  5. redhawknc1

A couple of shop projects...

Just put some Cherry Danish Oil on this cabinet. Will follow up in 72 hours with some poly. Cabinet is made outa cherry with cherry ply on top back. It will be used to house some of my planes. It will accompany it's sister, which is already hung. The rest of the planes won't all fit, so they...
  6. redhawknc1

Harvesting my walnut crop?

I've had a stack of walnut about 5' wide and 5 ' high drying for a couple of years...checked today and it ran from 12% to about 13.6% moisture. So, I decided to start harvesting! Loaded the carryall on my tractor to the hilt. All the walnut seems nice and flat, with a little twist on a couple...
  7. redhawknc1

My simple little accidental box...

Was practicing using my Leigh D4 that I just got on some through dovetails to get used to the jig. Used some sappy walnut. Decided not to waste the pieces, added some ambrosia maple and so I come up with this...I guess it will be a shop box...so much to learn!!! But was fun! :gar-La;
  8. redhawknc1

Lowes Hitachi Air Compressor Deal...

Picked up this EC119SA Hitachi Air Compressor at my Morganton Lowes on clearance for 1/2 price for $138.24 tax included. Got it up an running. Looks go so far! Here it is at Amazon...
  9. redhawknc1

Might have a problem with planes....

Spent a little fun time in the shop today. Picked up a very nice Stanley #5 at the Flea this morning and got one delivered by UPS last Friday. Since the last 2 need a little blade work,I got the Worksharp out and honed the edges to a keen 8000 Grit. Sweet! Then a little fun on a Red Oak Board...
  10. redhawknc1

Added a few more hand tools to the mix....

Some big deliveries today and quite a few nice finds to add to the mix... LN Scrub Plane Set of LN Mortise Chisels LN Router Plane LN Shoulder Plane LN Dowel Plate Adria Tenon Saw Tim Hoff Dovetail Saw (Spruce Creek) NOS Greenlee Chisel NOS Swan Gouge Chisel Excellant Witherby Chisel Very Nice...
  11. redhawknc1

Deals at K-Mart...not a bad haul

Had went by my local K-Mart a couple of days ago and they were clearancing out some tools and hardware. Most everything was gone. Remembered seeing some finish on sale so I went back today. Ended up with all this for $60.85. Workbench, pegboard,hooks, wall unit and 3 cans of minwax poly. What's...
  12. redhawknc1

I guess I am just PLANE crazy....

Picked this sweet little Type 18 #3 Stanley up this last week. 100% original, looks like original blade has never been sharpened. Bet this little baby has been sitting in the dark since around 1946 with no use. Now it's time to use it! If my Type 11 #3 and Type 16 #3C don't pout......
  13. redhawknc1

My New To Me Tablesaw Gloat....Thanks to North Carolina Woodworker!

Finally got my "new to me" Jet 10" 3hp Xacta saw together and tuned. Used my rails and Beismeyer Fence from my old Delta Contractor Saw(Lowes deal from a while back). Along with the Incra 1000SE and Bench Dog Cast Iron Router Table Extension. Have a PC7518 and Bench Dog Pro Lift mounted...
  14. redhawknc1

Added a couple more planes...when will it stop?

Built a plane till, filled it up. Have enough to fill another and haven't even built it. Just have a thing for planes and chisels. Got this one in the mail today. What a week! Have pics of the Miller Falls No. 9, just sharpened the blade and wiped it off. It works wonderful. A very nice example...
  15. redhawknc1

Another Lowes gloat....

Was in my local Lowes today and happened to find this....Regular price $119, marked down to $29.50. Thought it might make a decent shop cabinet. This is the 1st one I assembled. Will get to the others as I can...
  16. redhawknc1

Advanced GRR-Ripper System Question...

Was thinking of buying one of these from Woodcraft while they are on sale? Does anyone here use one? Would you buy it again? Any comments welcome! http://www.microjig.com/GRR-Ripper.htm
  17. redhawknc1

Clamp rack suggestions.....

Just wondering what might be a better way to store my clamps and get the most use out of the least space. Liked the looks of the ones Jeremy just built. Anyone else use this style? Jeremy, how do you like them so far? I could get more clamps in the same wall space with the racks built like...
  18. redhawknc1

Can't be right....huh?

http://www.amazon.com/Powermatic-1791291K-12-Inch-Horsepower-230-Volt/dp/B00006S7CN/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&m=A1UAD3GC6ZP026&s=generic&qid=1228445510&sr=1-3
  19. redhawknc1

Bosch Jobsite Radio/Cd Score....

Got in on the Lowes Cyber Monday online sale event and got me a boom box for the shop....Pretty neat, charges batteries, has a 12V plug in, plays my I-Pod music, etc. for $86. Not bad, just doesn't sound quite as good as one of my kids left behind stereos that I'm currently using. The sawdust...
  20. redhawknc1

Any opinions on a Grizzly 10" G1023 table saw?

Was thinking seriously about replacing my old Delta Rockwell Contractor Saw with a cabinet saw. Looking at the Grizzly. Anyone have one or have any opinions? Or another saw in this price range that I should look at? Thanks in advance!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS