1. Cuprousworks

For Sale: Rockler HVLP Sprayer - $50

Ok, maybe $40?
  2. Cuprousworks

box clamp

I use rubber bands, they seem to be a lot easier than band clamps. Mike
  3. Cuprousworks

New Member - box builder

Welcome to the group from another box builder. You have beautiful work, I hope we'll see a lot more of it. And thank you for your service! Mike
  4. Cuprousworks

For Sale: Rockler HVLP Sprayer - $50

About 12 years old, in unopened box. Probably a beginners unit but good starter. $50 pick up in Chapel Hill or I can quote shipping at cost. Mike
  5. Cuprousworks

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

Timberland makes 'work sneakers' with steel or composite toes. I've found them very comfortable and long lasting for ~$80 (on sale).
  6. Cuprousworks

Matte vs gloss

Thank you for a clear and complete answer! I should have been clearer that my work is very small scale (boxes) so I can afford hand sanding and polishing not practical on furniture. Your response made my real question clear: if I can create any matte or gloss finish from my sanding/polishing...
  7. Cuprousworks

Matte vs gloss

I thought I've read where gloss finishes are clearest. For both oil and water based poly I've been using matte, and then wet sanding and polishing for a smooth and shiny surface. I rub with 0000 wool if I want to tone down the gloss. It's time to restock both finishes, is there an advantage to...
  8. Cuprousworks

Woodworker BOUGHT cabinets

Sadly, absent a compelling non-financial reason (sentimentality, or personal interest in the making) buying is nearly always the right answer...
  9. Cuprousworks

Edwards Mountain Woodworks

I've taken multiple classes with Bill at his workshop and highly recommend them. You'll probably catch me at a couple of his upcoming classes as well 🙂...
  10. Cuprousworks

Bandsaw goes click-click, click-click --- and dies

Mine made a similar sound when the drive belt broke...
  11. Cuprousworks

Wenge timber - 12/4 - $225

60" long, 9.75 wide, 3.0" thick. 12.2 BF by my calculation No idea of MC - been stored in basement 10-15 years, appears that ends were waxed. Weighs 52 lbs, about right for Wenge. Online pricing for 12/4 about $25‐$31/bf. Pickup in Chapel Hill.
  12. Cuprousworks

Saw stop arrived- quick review

Is a .015 deviation over a 2 foot fence significant? I understand that precision work starts with precision tools, but I'd be afraid to hold that micrometer against any of the tools in my shop...
  13. Cuprousworks

White oak bedside tables

Very nice! Is it your design?
  14. Cuprousworks

Spoken for: Sewing table plans

1. Wood Magazine Sewing Center Cabinet 2. Design Alternatives plans forSewing/Work table Not used so I can't confirm their usefulness. Given to my wife (a quilter) but no plans to use. Pickup in Chapel Hill, or I can quote postage. Mike
  15. Cuprousworks

Once more- what is it?

Follow up: although the consensus was American Cherry I believe it's likely Jatoba. Finished boxes, with identical finish (BLO followed by oil-based wipe-on Poly and Ren wax. Both were surfaced so it's probably not aging. The unknown box has a sheen and depth of grain the known cherry doesn't...
  16. Cuprousworks

Once more- what is it?

I pulled this from my stash thinking it was cherry - but it's not as orange, has gray streaks and seems a little harder than cherry. Like cherry it scorches especially on end grain, but that sands off much easier than cherry. This is sanded and wipe down w/ MS. Compared to (What I believe is...
  17. Cuprousworks

What kind of wood is this?

Looks like Sycamore...
  18. Cuprousworks

For Sale: Grammercy Dovetail Saw $175.00

As new condition in box with instructions. May have been used for a test cut, but now just showing tarnish from years of storage Saw is still being sold at Tools for Working Wood, they have an excellent description. $175 ‐ about half price from new. Pickup in Chapel Hill or I can quote...
  19. Cuprousworks

Hitachi Scroll Saw on stand -$200

Hitachi CW40 Scroll Saw. Works great, I just don't use it in my work. Variable Speed 1.6A 400-1600/min Cast Iron Tilting Table 45 degrees left &right With stand, manual and 18 pinned blade (saw can use either pinned or pinless) Pickup in Chapel Hill. Mike

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS