Search results

1. willarda

short log iin times

When I work on a post with a length reply, I find that I have been automatically logged out when I try to post. This means that my text is completely lost. To circumvent this problem, I try to copy the reply test at intervals, but this works only partially as I often forget to copy. Can the...
  2. willarda

posting a classified

Not sure how to post a classified add
  3. willarda

The value of a "Gentleman's " saw

I have both a gentleman's rip saw and various dovetail saws. There is utility for both. I use my small gentleman's saw for dovetailing thin stock as for example when making tool box tills. The standard sized dovetail saw is overkill and I generally want a finer cut. You generally want at...
  4. willarda

sticky thread request

Steve: can you make my thread on Restoring wooden Planes sticky through mid September?
  5. willarda

Restoring Wooden Planes

Missing a wedge? A fence? Need a blade reground? Threads on your screw arm plow stripped? Mouth too wide on that special bench plane? Missing some boxing? I will be conducting a two day workshop at the Woodwright's School, Feb 25-26 and again on September 8-9, focusing on restoring to...
  6. willarda

Bill Anderson

I am still here, not reading the posts that much these days. I am pretty busy teaching at the Woodwrights School and am in the process of writing my second article for Popular Woodworking, this one to be on rule joints and rule joint planes, etc.
  7. willarda

Re: ...and another

I am still here, not reading the posts that much these days. I am pretty busy teaching at the Woodwrights School and am in the process of writing my second article for Popular Woodworking, this one to be on rule joints and rule joint planes, etc.
  8. willarda

Benchtop Joiner's Chest workshop

I will be teaching a workshop at the John C. Campbell Folk School January 8-14. We will be making a joiner's chest which is designed to hold two backsaws, three planes (smoother, jack and fillester for example), plus a rack of chisels. It has a pair of lift out trays for smaller tools (squares...
  9. willarda

Name Stamp Workshop

Peter Ross is teaching a name stamp workshop (1 day) at his blacksmith shop in Silk Hope this Saturday (10/22/11). This is through the Woodwright’s School auspices. I have taken this workshop, and made a really nice pair of stamps to stamp my molding planes with, but you could use this to...
  10. willarda

Upcoming Handtool Woodworking Workshops

Roy has just released the schedule of workshops for the rest of the year (through December 2011). Check out his website at http://www.woodwrightschool.com . I will be teaching the following workshops: Advanced Dovetails. September 25 Handsaw Sharpening: October 9 Hand Cut Moldings...
  11. willarda

WIA Room mate needed!

I have a room in a hotel about 3 blocks from the convention center for the Woodworking In America show. The room has 2 queen sized beds (the smallest accomodaltion I could find!). Anyone interested in splitting the expense? The total is around $500 for the 4 nights (Thursday through Sat...
  12. willarda

Planemaking opportunites

A couple of planemaking opportunities are coming up for August at the Woodwright’s School, which you all might be interested in. Make a Traditional Jointer Plane. August 21-23 (Sunday through Tuesday). Tuition is $395 and materials are in the range of $115. We will make a 28: beech jointer in...
  13. willarda

donation to NCwoodworker

are donations to NC woodworker tax deductable?
  14. willarda

Molding Plane Workshop

I am conducting a 3 day molding plane workshop at the Woodwright’s School, Pittsboro, NC, March 11-13 (Friday through Sunday). I have a good supply of European steamed quartersawn beech. We will make the bodies, then grind and hone the blades to fit. This is a completely handtool oriented...
  15. willarda

Saw Sharpening Workshop

I will be conducting a handsaw sharpening workshop at my shop on Friday, Feb 25. We will learn to sharpen rip and cross cut panel saws, and possibly some backsaws. We will look at the history of saws, how to clean them up, tools to use in sharpening them. This is a one day workshop, 9 am to 5...
  16. willarda

Could you make my last two posts sticky? Also, I have a closed thread that is still showing up in the sticky area that you could delete. Thanks
  17. willarda

Handsaw Sharpening

I will be offering my services to sharpen and/or recondition handaws. If you have handsaws that need sharpening, please check out the link to my file in the download library: http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=315
  18. willarda

Handtool Woodworking Workshop for 2011

I have just published my workshop schedule for January through the end of June, 2011. These classes are conducted at my workshop in Chapel Hill. In addtion to these, I am teaching at the Woodwright's School in Pittsboro (www.woodrightschool.com) and at the the John C. Campbell Folk School...
  19. willarda

linked files

I would like to upload a pair of files, one is pdf and the other is word. I went to the upload files tab, but it looks like this is a message site. Down below ther are three boxes for linking. I browsed for a file and it appeared to upload, but I do not know how to find it now. Any help?
  20. willarda

advertizing

I would like to advertize that I will be offering my services to sharpen and/or recondition handsaws. Where can I do this on the website? Can this announcement be made sticky? I currently have a sticky announcement, which can be deleted.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS