Search results

1. lottathought

Leaf blower not working right

I am leaning to the carb as the issue too. Unless you are using solely non-ethanol gas, I have learned that those things are somewhat a disposable item. You can usually pick up an aftermarket carb for under $20. You can clean them too. I admit though, although I am getting better, my success...
  2. lottathought

Construction lumber prices

So this is my question......how can the construction market be overheated? I have a pile of masks laying around and reminding me that we are in a pandemic. I vaguely recall, many news articles, just last fall that companies were seeing the value of "Work from Home". It would be highly unlikely...
  3. lottathought

Drill press table lock knob

Yaknow...the only thing missing on that knob is ...taking out the hot iron and burning in your brand.
  4. lottathought

Woodworking tool sale

Dave was the one who actually showed me how to turn a pen. Yeah..very sorry to hear this.
  5. lottathought

So my Garage Door Breaks down

I spoke to Roy Gershon and he is coming out Tuesday. Thanks for the info.
  6. lottathought

Huh..my last response must not have taken.. I can tell it is broken because there are now 2 pieces of spring where 1 should be..LOL Thanks for the recommendations all. Local seemed like a better idea than a big box store.
  7. lottathought

Congrats to Joe Scharle!

I have seen Joe in action in that shop. He deserves this.
  8. lottathought

So I had my first garage door failure yesterday. Never had one before but it looks like the spring snapped and I may have lost the cables also. Usually I am a DIY guy. But usually I am not dealing with a huge metal spring under stress. :saw: I have already read enough to know that I know just...
  9. lottathought

Golden Mallet winner

Congrats!!!
  10. lottathought

Federal Style Desk for my grandson - finally done!

Wow... just Wow.. I could not hand this over to a 5 y/o. One crayon and I would have a heart attack. It is just too nice to mess up
  11. lottathought

lamps in the making

That is very nice. I never thought of turning lamps. What a great idea.
  12. lottathought

Gun rack

I like that a lot.
  13. lottathought

would you glue this first then flush cut, or cut to size then glue?

I am with Joe....I like the tails. But perhaps there is a happy medium. Maybe plan for a 1/2 " tail. It is close enough that the mount should not be a problem, leaves a little room for error and still looks nice.
  14. lottathought

Box for Ashes - Serious Post

Hey Ken.. I started thinking about this and it occurred to me that if it were my ashes...and they were to be mixed wit my wife....I would rather have a box that celebrated our life..rather than mark our death. This is a customized box for her. Maybe it could be a small model of their family...
  15. lottathought

Want to start turning...tool/mini lathe suggestions?

If you are looking for quality, inexpensive tools...this is one of the few times I am ever going to suggest you go to Harbor Freight. Get the better quality lathe there....going for $269 as I am writing this. It is one of their hidden gems. Get the better quality tools...the $42 set. Now cut the...
  16. lottathought

My microshop :)

I actually need to take a lot of notes here. Unlike my last place where the shop shared everything and it's brother with the garage, in the new place, it is dedicated. It is about the size of a long single car garage though. YOu have already given me some great ideas.
  17. lottathought

A nice shop addition

Nice little toy in the shop. Does this mean that productivity is about to be cut in half? :D
  18. lottathought

Learning to do inlays

The problem now is that the bow is FAR too nice to take out into the woods.
  19. lottathought

Plane Organization

I like it. In fact, you have given me an idea on how to organize my infestation of planes that is still reproducing.
  20. lottathought

2 more WIP

Re: 2 more WIP - One Done WOW..that is nice. GREAT JOB!!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS