Search results

1. jlwest

Hinges for boxes

I like Soss Hinges for boxes.
  2. jlwest

Best all-around finish?

I have used Minwax urethane and stains for many years.
  3. jlwest

Interesting camera affect

My camera caught some interesting angles during a glue up.
  4. jlwest

2024 February Contest, Illusions in Wood

One of my boards. Journeyman. Made in 2020.
  5. jlwest

Making Wood Vertical Blinds

My shop was broken into and the police recommended opaque window tinting to avoid prying eyes. Still lets in plenty of light. However, you blinds will be very nice and work.
  6. jlwest

Used Cabinet Saws

I doubt it will be retroactive. Good marketing by SawStop. In my opinion SawStop provides a false sense of security at the cost of proper safe technique.
  7. jlwest

3/4” Pipe Threads Triad Area

Sometimes Lowes or Home Depot can do it.
  8. jlwest

cherry wood and the sun

Moving them around to to even out the exposure should have fixed the problem
  9. jlwest

How long to wait before planing?

I would wait over night just to be safe. Make sure the grains of your wood pieces all go in the same direction which is the feed direction.
  10. jlwest

MirrorCoat Air Bubbles

I have actually drilled out a few bubbles and poured a new thin top coat.
  11. jlwest

Question about older equipment?

The design is not good for anything but cross cut and if you fingers are not in the right position it will cut them off. I had a good friend who lost his left hand on one. It was advertised for dados and ripping but don't do it. It always pulls the work the wrong way. Throw it away or dedicate...
  12. jlwest

Question about older equipment?

In my opinion the radial arm saw is very dangerous and should be scrapped.
  13. jlwest

Framed wood

The flame patterns are unique. Horizontal it looks like serpent eyes but turn it vertical and it changes.
  14. jlwest

Framed wood

Yes:) It is interesting . I think it was a river beech.
  15. jlwest

Framed wood

I came across this piece of wood that is wonderful. I sliced it, book matched it and framed it. I think it is wonderful. Never seen such grain pattern.
  16. jlwest

Shop vac filters and bags?

Apparently you don't have to many very small particle's getting past the cyclone and the cyclone is getting almost all of the dust. Thats great.
  17. jlwest

Shop vac filters and bags?

I would think a HEPA filter or bag would plug very quickly since they collect everything down to 0.2 microns including moisture, bacteria, viruses, pollen, ect. creating a large pressure drop. The HEPA filters are really designed for normal room air filtration.
  18. jlwest

Dewalt DW735 Issue

I had a problem with mine. The chain sprockets were breaking. Had it fixed twice by Dewalt in Raleigh and finally sold it. It was great while it lasted.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS