Search results

1. mburke911

Dust Deputy Container??

have you seen the new one from Oneida? http://www.woodcraft.com/PRODUCT/2021015/24110/ONEIDA-DELUXE-DUST-DEPUTY-WITH-10GALLON-METAL-DRUM.ASPX?refcode=10INGOPB&gclid=CPue-fe5srACFQS0nQodRETvSQ And you can buy just a steel drum from Oneida...
  2. mburke911

pen supplies

Hi, I buy a fair bit of pen supplies from Bear Tooth Woods . Great site, great serivce and overall great prices. Particularly on TruStone pen blanks which I use often. When you decide to try acrylic or stone I would recommend you consider a carbide tipped tool. They work great for...
  3. mburke911

Good Will Lathe Time

Hello, Thank you so much for the use of the GWL! It has been great fun and I have made a bunch of great items, many gifts for friends and family. I even went and bought a lathe of my own! I often drive between RTP and Charolette and am happy to meet along the way. So if you are in that...
  4. mburke911

Review - new safety glasses

hi, I wear one of these often in the shop. http://www.amazon.com/Belt-Mounted-Powered-Purifying-Respirator-3M-7190/dp/B00239W8LK If I am doing anything with dust I put it on, which was just about anything until I started using Festool stuff. The face shiled is safety material (as is the...
  5. mburke911

Another Tragedy

Truly a terrible accident and a promising life cut short.
  6. mburke911

PE Request: Charlotte WW Show to points East (Raleigh)

I just sent you a PM. I will be there some friday and passing through Pittsboro on my way home. Mark
  7. mburke911

New Arrival

Hi Danny, Glad you decided to check out the site. Mark
  8. mburke911

GWL - Good Will Lathe Time

Hello all, I will nominate myself. It's been many years (ok.. many many many years... back in high school) since I turned and I have wanted to give it a go again. I have plenty of scrap just the right size... Mark
  9. mburke911

Save 25% on all Classic Systainers Until 1/21

Save 25% on all Classic Systainers Save 25% on all Classic Systainers through Friday, January 21st.. Offer excludes all T-Loc Systainers.The Festool Systainer System is a smart, award-winning design which makes storing, stacking, combining, and transporting tools and accessories easier than...
  10. mburke911

Stairs FINALLY Done!

Hiya, I am still in progress putting down flooring in my entire house (2200 sqr feet). I thought I would post these... they are expensive but worth every penny and they last a long time. http://www.proknee.com/ I purchased a pair 4 years ago and they are better than sliced bread... truly...
  11. mburke911

Jet 18" bandsaw - $690 (Brier Creek/Durham)

THe post has been removed. I hope someone here got it. Was a good price.
  12. mburke911

need to drill a 2" hole 11" from edge - DONE with pictures

Re: need to drill a 2" hole 11" from edge hi, I have a grizzly Radial drill press you are welcome to use. Not sure if I have a 2" bit though. I have the G7946. I am in Cary as well. Mark
  13. mburke911

Jet 18" Bandsaw - $650 (Garner NC)

be careful what this person says. Misleading email caused me to drive back from out of town (> 2 hours), because they wanted it gone today. I thought the deal was ready to be closed (on this and the scroll saw) and the seller blew me off. I should have known better. :BangHead:
  14. mburke911

CL: WinstonSalem 16" Porter Jointer - $2300 (East Bend)

Not mine.... 16" Porter Long Bed Jointer 4-Knife Crescent Head with Belted / 3 Phase / 5 Hp 230 /460 volt motor http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/1304871566.html
  15. mburke911

Iron wood?

Hi, The only wood I have ever thought of as "iron wood" is Lignum vitae. At one time it was used by the Navy and others as ball bearings. It has a slightly oily consitancy which continues after sanding for awhile (un finished). It is an african "tree" really more of a bush that can live to...
  16. mburke911

Dustroyer table saw dust guard - now p and running! NCWW discount

Hello, How about a 3d rendering instead? Here is a link to the dewalt site with a 3d view tha can be moved as needed. http://www.dewalt.com/partners/flash/dw746/dewalt/DW746_360.html The other place is here on our site. Johnpipe108 shows how he "moded" his dw746 and turned it into a...
  17. mburke911

Dustroyer table saw dust guard - now p and running! NCWW discount

Any chance you might make one for the Dewalt DW746? Would be great to have a bottom peice as well... Perhaps one that converges towards the center with a port for a DC. Mark
  18. mburke911

Free Wild Cherry Limbs

Hi Scott, Thanks for the info. Makes sense. I figured it simply isn't enough wood to be worth it. I also don't have any idea about the turning part. Is Cotton wood of any use beyond firewood? mark
  19. mburke911

Free Wild Cherry Limbs

Hello Everyone, A friend of mine, who knows I am interested in woodworking, has recently had a wild cherry tree drop two 20' long by 12" thick branches. He thinks they are much nicer than simply firewood so he offered them to me. Well I don't have a lathe yet... and I don't really want to...
  20. mburke911

CNC Carving machine needed

Hello, I am trying to identify someone who would be willing to carve, on a CNC machine, some Text for a sign for me. I am willing to pay for the project. I don't know anything about CNC machines or what files they take but I would like to provide a word document or some such with a phrase...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS