Search results

1. William Roscoe

pole barn

I need some pressure Tx 6x6 for the vertical supports but I'm too cheap to buy it so I was thinking of using white oak which I have plenty of and burning it. I saw this on utube and the guy says it will keep the bugs out. Any opinions on that?? I would hate to do this and have to deal with a...
  2. William Roscoe

Taxes on equipment

I was thinking about getting solar panels but I have a feeling our new president will start taxing the sunlight
  3. William Roscoe

Canoe - Finished (finally!)

great job!! Time to go fishing.
  4. William Roscoe

Longworth style chuck

I've got the commercial one and it does work, you have to be low RPM and very gentle. I've lost some bowls and I would not recommend it. Jam chuck is the way to go!
  5. William Roscoe

It's a two door

I'm getting ready to do the same thing X18 so I was wondering where you got the hardware and was it expensive and now that you have installed it, do you have any advise or warnings for me??
  6. William Roscoe

Sawmilling lumber for my new home

I use anchorseal on hardwoods but I didn't think I would need that on pine and poplar 2x boards. I don't want to waste any so thanks for the tip!! I will be using white oak for the floor joist.
  7. William Roscoe

I'm first building a 36'wide by 84' long pole barn to house the sawmill on one end and the middle 36'x36' area will be dried in for my shop tools and the last 36'x36' section I'll dry the lumber with vertical boards about an inch apart so the air can circulate thru. I'll probably come back in a...
  8. William Roscoe

If it comes from the same land that the house is built on, no inspection stamp needed. You do have to show the trees to the home inspector first, before you cut them down
  9. William Roscoe

With the recent increase in lumber cost, I've decided to cut my own lumber on my sawmill and air dry it. Should I be spraying it with something to keep mold from developing on it?
  10. William Roscoe

Cigar Humidor

Nice work! Now it's time to visit cigar bid
  11. William Roscoe

Composite decking

Thanks for the help guys. I'm going to space it 12" oc and I'm getting a very light gray color to help with the heat problem.
  12. William Roscoe

Composite decking

Do you think the TimberTech is a better choice?? Who sells it?
  13. William Roscoe

Composite decking

I'm replacing the deck at my beach cottage and I was thinking of using Trex from Lowes. Anybody have any experience using this stuff or other brands? I'm concerned about the constant sun and salt that it will be getting in that harsh environment.
  14. William Roscoe

New way to quickly dry green bowls

wonder if it might be even better to let it dry with the fan for 2 days?? Or even 3. I'd like it to be below 10% at least
  15. William Roscoe

Turning ... Candy

interesting but sticky.
  16. William Roscoe

Making my trees into shop flooring?

To transport and cut and dry and mill and bring back that in flooring, I think you would be way ahead, both in time and money, to buy some surplus flooring on CL. Just sayin'
  17. William Roscoe

Writing on walnut

just got around to turning 4 bowls yesterday and put anchorseal on them. I also cut a 6" section off of 1 of the larger pieces and I ran out of time but I'll go back and mark and cut it into sections on the bandsaw. This will be my first time turning wood this way. I'll post some pictures when I...
  18. William Roscoe

Writing on walnut

Pictures of a walnut tree I was lucky enough to get. Plan to use this only for turning!
  19. William Roscoe

Writing on walnut

Good ideas, for sure. I think I'll try hobby lobby first. I'm trying to mark on the end grain, cutting 5 equal sized triangles (72 degrees). Then I'll I should be able to turn it and get the grain as even circles, top to bottom with dark wood at the bottom and light colored sapwood on top. Saw...
  20. William Roscoe

Writing on walnut

Got some walnut logs I'm cutting into smaller pieces but nothing shows up on this dark wood. I need a white pencil:). Any ideas??

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors