Search results

1. KurtB

New promo video for us

Nice job folks! Very well done. Thanks!
  2. KurtB

Need suggestions for retractable castors for a heavy bench

The ones I have a similar to the Rockler's and work very well. Easy to install and have been in use for over 5 years now with no problems.
  3. KurtB

Dovetails

Look very good to me. Excellent job!
  4. KurtB

First table

Nice. Great job!
  5. KurtB

Enlarging an opening in granite countertop

I had almost the same problem when we put in a new cook-top. Called one of the granite shops and had them come do it. Two guys came out. I believe they used a grinding wheel with one guy following along with a vacuum hose and under a sheet of plastic they draped over the counter. Cleaned up...
  6. KurtB

Dining table finish?

I've used Satin Wipe-On Poly for several projects made with old tobacco barn wood. It's pine. It worked well and looks good. I don't know about oak, but the pine takes on quite a dark patina as the poly is applied. Way more ambering than typical pine.
  7. KurtB

A Couple of Recent Projects Wrapped Up

NICE! Night stand is gorgeous!
  8. KurtB

Fine Spirits Cabinet-UPDATE

Beautiful work!
  9. KurtB

Tall case clock

WOW! Gorgeous!
  10. KurtB

Egg Beater

NICE!
  11. KurtB

Ash and Mahogany Bookcase

Nice Job! The woods look great together. What a great experience to do that with your son. I'm sure that will be in the family for a long time.
  12. KurtB

Looking to buy rough cut hardwood near New Bern, NC

You might try Bower Brothers Board Store in Jacksonville. I've picked up cherry there a few times. They've got a nice selection of wood. Anthony, one of the owners, is very nice. He helped me a pick out the wood for a couple of projects that came out looking really nice. In the back of...
  13. KurtB

Best way to make a square mortise?

I'm a hobbyist as well and just worked with chopping the mortises for the first time using the chisels. Paul Sellers, Rob Cosman and Chris Shwarz all have good videos on how to do it. I just took my time, watched the chisel alignment and didn't take any huge bites. It turned out to be far easier...
  14. KurtB

Best way to make a square mortise?

I have the Narex set as well. Quality seems just fine so far.
  15. KurtB

Mortise Making Advise

For what it's worth I just did a series of mortise and tenon joints on a couple of projects. Used a mortising chisel for the first time. Definitely took some focus and concentration, but was actually easier and quicker than I thought it would be. And I was pleasantly surprised to see how clean...
  16. KurtB

Finished walnut table

Wow! Nice job Steve!
  17. KurtB

Have not been able to determine the reason for this

Is there enough cord there for the ball to go on the inside of the door when it's closed? Maybe some kind of "occupied" or "do not disturb" thing?
  18. KurtB

Handplane Till

Very Nice!
  19. KurtB

Beeswax wood preserver

I've used the Howard's as well. Seems to be a nice product.
  20. KurtB

Finishing Workshop series

Location and timing are factors for me. Not interested in spray as I'm not set up for that.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS