Search results

1. L

18 or 16 gauge nailer for trim

my $0.000001 I have a cheap HF 20 gauge(I think) combo nailer and stapler. I have used it for shoe molding a some ceiling molding. Much easier that hand nailing and quicker, esp at odd angles. My only grip is that it often leaves a slight indent from the metal lock piece. name of this is...
  2. L

bench top jointer

there are some bench top jointers that have a real fence vs the aluminum ones. I have a small one with the adjustment screws. so far I have not had to mess with it. the adjustment process does not seem too bad.
  3. L

Need a small piece of 1/4" MDF

would 1/4 plywood work?
  4. L

jointers

Like all things it is a matter of what you want to do. I have a WEN spiral 6" jointer. Fence is slightly wonky. It is a light weight aluminum piece. For my needs, short boards it works great. I have a 4x10 7 ft long oak beam that I would like to run through it, I doubt that it would work out...
  5. L

Shop size?

I may have my current storage upgraded so I can have a real shop. I am thinking that 16x32 might be okay. Any thoughts on this. I know that we all would like a shop several acres in size.. Whatever I do has to be approved by the A... folks. We live in an equestrian area, so if it looks a...
  6. L

WEN tools

I have several WEN tools. 10" band saw. I put a 1/2" 3 TPI hook blade on it and it seems to resew stuff okay for me. Less than 1/8 inch. I found a video on YouTube that shows how having the blade parallel to the fence will almost eliminate the blade drift. I somehow did this and it seems to...
  7. L

Wall Lumber this Sat from Charlotte

I am planning on going to Wall lumber up north on Sat, 99% chance. I plan on getting some short bundles. If anyone from the area wants any of these, let me know. I have room for a few extra.
  8. L

Rubio Monocoat - good, bad, ugly - what is the skin

I am planning on using some Rubio Monocoat on a piece I need to finish. I found about from YouTube from the gut who makes $$$$ slab stuff. Is this worth the money? Any hidden knowledge I should know about? Did you have any issues using this product.
  9. L

Hello from the Southern Carolina - Charlotte area

did you ever get any baltic birch.
  10. L

hardwood store in Gibsonville. $79, almost the same price as Lowes and HD.
  11. L

if empty two cars. With the freezer and other stuff, more like a car and a half...
  12. L

The forum signup said to give your life's story in 42 GB words or less. My DW and I live in Indian Land, just south of the Charlotte boarder. I have been hiding all these years and have decided to come forth into the light. I took shop in school, many many decades ago. I have done stuff over the...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS