Search results

1. R

Straight Edge?

anyone ever try making something out of square tubing like this: Everbilt 1/2 in. x 72 in. Plain Steel Square Tube with 1/16 in. Thickness-801107 - The Home Depot I laid it down on the concrete floor at home depot and it seems very straight
  2. R

Anyone want a free, nonfunctioning SCMS before I take it to the landfill?

If the pickup falls through for some reason, I'd be willing to pick it up as well, but I'll wait for my turn in line :)
  3. R

Straight Edge?

Thanks, ya'll, these are all good suggestions. I've tried the level approach. I have 4', but I find it's hard to clamp to things and get the saw by the clamps. I'll avoid the harbor freight clamp edges, since they seem kinda crappy. Maybe I'll do the bora, or build something with mdf, which...
  4. R

Anyone want a free, nonfunctioning SCMS before I take it to the landfill?

@Henry W , if this is something you'd fix, I'd maybe buy it off of you if that was something you'd be interested in. I have a very crappy inaccurate chop saw that I'd love to replace. I'm in Raleigh too
  5. R

Straight Edge?

I'm just starting out woodworking, and don't have a lot of tools and jigs. I have a table saw I need to build a base for (so it's currently not usable), and a circular saw that I use quite a lot to make longer cuts, rips and crosscuts. I will probably build myself a simple rip cut guide for...
  6. R

Curved Lid Teak Jewelry Boxes

I'm just learning about woodworking techniques, and have a question. How do you curve the top? Is it steam bent, or kerf, or something altogether different?
  7. R

Newbie from Raleigh

Thanks! I've watched his videos before, have never seen this one. He's real down-to-earth. He's got a few legs up on me in tools :D I basically just used a chop saw, router and jig. My father-in-law just gave me his old craftsman table saw, and now I wish I had set it up for resawing. I...
  8. R

Newbie from Raleigh

I tried to piggy back on another thread and accidentally broke the rules. Many apologies, I promise I'm *mostly a rule follower :) A newbie from Raleigh, trying to build up a modest half-one-car-garage shop, and fashion some objects out of wood. Current project is a silverware divider for one...
  9. R

Newbie in Mebane

I'll piggy back. Also a newbie from Raleigh. Trying to build up a modest half-one-car-garage shop, and fashion some objects out of wood. Current project is a silverware divider for one of our drawers. Pretty straight forward, but it's amazing how hard it is to measure everything right when...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors