Search results

1. Ivey

Picked up a few logs

Been a while since I posted any pictures. Here are some nice red oak logs that I picked up this morning. View image in gallery The first two logs on the left are from one red oak tree. The next two are from one tree, and # 5 is a butt log. the last one is a little sickeymore:gar-Bi View image...
  2. Ivey

Vacation to the hills!!

Wife and I will be leaving here Friday a.m. heading to the big hills of N.C. I know that its not a big deal for alot of you living in or close to the mountians, but it's a real treat for us to go once a year . Anyway we will be going up I-40 to Asheville if anyone needs any cypress or pine...
  3. Ivey

Heading up to Scott's place

I will be heading up to Scott Smith's place on Friday (this week) with a trailer load of Q-sawn oak. This will be a long awaited visit to Scott's new shop, am looking forward to the visit! I will have room for some cypress, and poplar if anyone is interested. Poplar and cypress has been sawn...
  4. Ivey

road trip

Hello everyone, Wanted to let the folks NorthWest of me know that I am planning a road trip to West Jefferson near Boone on 3-21-08 via I-40. If anyone along the way would like for me to bring along a little cypress, I will be glad to, as long as we can meet along I-40 Send me a PM...
  5. Ivey

Load of cypress

Picked up a few cypress logs Friday. Numbers on the end represent B/F.
  6. Ivey

cypress

This is Reggies' (Farmtrac60) next order, except for the beams on top they belong to Jack (saw4you). cypress is nice looking wood..:icon_thum
  7. Ivey

sweetgum logs

I have a couple of nice sweetgum logs that I will be milling soon, but I am not sure what I want to make from them. Do any of you use sweetgum, and if so, what for. Does anyone need anything particular before I saw it up.. Thanks, Ivey
  8. Ivey

load of logs

Picked up this load of white oak logs friday, stock was getting low. Also picked up a couple of bonus logs, two black cherry. One was 12' the other 17' and pretty stright too! Had fun sawing those two babies:eusa_danc Well I was going to try and show a pic of the load of logs, but I can't find...
  9. Ivey

Saturdays sawing

Hello everyone, Got to saw some more of my own logs yesterday. Sawed a couple of w/ash logs, first time that I have ever sawn any ash, looks like oak. Also sawed some pretty r/oak. Oh, and I also got some work done on the shed that I'm building on the side of the saw barn. BTW all of this...
  10. Ivey

white oak

Picked these babies up yesterday, saved them from the firewood pile:-D
  11. Ivey

cypress

Hello everyone, I got in a load of logs last week. There were w/oak, r/oak, sickeymore, ash, and cypress, a mixed load for sure. Sawed 900 bf of pretty syp for a customer today, and then about 200 bf of the cypress. That cypress sure is nice when you get to the middle of the log where the...
  12. Ivey

Lumber

Hello everyone, As you all know I have a sawmill. I mostly saw other peoples logs, but lately I have been picking up a variety of logs from a logger (at a good price) when does not have a full load. So I thought maybe some of you may be interested, if not I will saw it, and put it under the...
  13. Ivey

Hickory logs

I need advice from those of you who work with pignut hickory.. I got a good deal on some hickory and white oak logs yesterday. It came as a mixed load. I have the w/oak sold @ $1.00 b/f, but do not yet have a sale for the hickory. These are fresh logs and need to be sawn asap. The logs will...
  14. Ivey

Hello everyone

Bumped into this place the other day, found good reading and alot of good info(something I need alot of). Soon to retire from my state job(couple of years), to young to stop working, and have alway liked messin with wood. I did some studying on it, went to Texas, and brought me back a sawmill...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS