Search results

1. T

work in progress, 1/6th 1890's navy steam launch built to navy plans

Slim may go for a shakedown cruise or two,, but he is the shop inspector..
  2. T

condenser system getting more work, giving a shot at casting the condenser pump body,, at least the pattern involves woodworking..
  3. T

April Contest

here is my small entry, a benchtop bench for model work, 1/3 scale, all made from recycled hard maple,, Lee Valley vise hardware,, the bench-dogs are 1/4" turned down brass bolts,, small drawer unit was an artist tool holder that just happened to fit well.. the bench has been getting lots of use!!!
  4. T

Building a Chevalet de Marqueterie

looking really great,, I thought about building one 30+ years back.. with the correct blades your can sandwich brass sheet in the mix!!!!
  5. T

well I've gone and it, put two holes in a perfectly good hull.. these boat had a keel condenser, basically a tube that ran under the hull to condense the exhaust steam back to water so it could be cycled through the boiler again.. the fittings still need to cut to height and threaded for...
  6. T

gave some more work for Slim to inspect
  7. T

done carving brass for the week, gave Slim the weekend off to rest his bones.
  8. T

Drill and Driver Poll

I have a porter cable corded drill and driver,, the pair is at least 15 years old, have never let me down.. nice stuff..
  9. T

cleaned one of the four up... I think it might pass Slim's inspection.. I've come to the conclusion that brass is the forgotten hardwood..
  10. T

did some brass carving today,, after much filing and sanding hopefuly these will become the four main deck cleats..
  11. T

aft mast ring and cap/cover made,, had to rig a jig to keep the fostner bit in the correct spot while cutting the counter-bore for the ring,, brass and wood look so great together!!!
  12. T

Anyone interest in a commission?

add a phone charger pad somewhere and call it modernized.. that will be 5000$ please..
  13. T

set up the resaw fence and cut the stock needed,, sanded it to the 1/8th thickness.. worked with some brass to make the forward mast ring and cap.. decided that it could also be the forward deck hold-down fixture..
  14. T

spent the week improving the fit of the removable deck,, my ash billet arrived should be able to use any face to make the 1/6th scale 12" and 18" boards, it look very nice
  15. T

googled around a bit and found that Bell Forest products shows photos of the actual turning billet you buy on thier website,, they "had" an extremely fine grained ash turning billet,, 2.75 x 2.75 x 24,, I'll be able to resaw this to give me the stock for hatches,seats and locker tops..the billet...
  16. T

found some time and got the tongue and groove work completed!!!
  17. T

did some more work on the staving until I ran out of the tongue and groove stock,, will have to mill some more to finish,, did some mock-up work for the combination seat and storage lockers..
  18. T

the plans show 4 oar/row lock socket fittings,, my current plans are to use these and the oar locks as 1/4 turn or threaded thumb-screws to lock the deck down
  19. T

the plan worked,, the deck unit lifts off and goes back in place nicely,, this will allow me to have complete access to the prop shaft and thrust box in the hull.. the bulkhead is one stave thick in the plans,, the stave placement was matched in the 2 bulkheads to keep the illusion,, gauges and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS