Search results

1. E

Gluing MDF

I typically only use MDF for templates. However, I have a unique project that requires hardwood edge banding on MDF. I've always understood that MDF doesn't glue well because it absorbs so much of the (yellow) glue. So, I'm asking this forum for advice on best methods for gluing hardwood to...
  2. E

Flatten Veneer

With regard for all the woodworking sites on YouTube, I had some time to waste (invest?) in learning something about flattening veneer. Most craftsmen subscribe to the "old" school method of pressing wet veneer between paper sheets until it is dry. But one gentleman used a standard clothes...
  3. E

Marquetry Veneer - Free

I have a large pile of miscellaneous veneer suitable for marquetry. Some partial pieces, small pieces, split pieces, generally odds and ends. Happy to pass it along to a “forever home”. I’m sure a marquetry artist could use much of it - or not, then toss the “waste” in the fire box. Best part...
  4. E

Veneer Glue

I have a gallon of extra dark Better Bond X-Press veneer glue which is about 6 months old and cost about $28. Pretty sure I will never be able to use it all, and lest it age out and go to waste I would love to swap it with someone for a piece of wood, your choice, approx. value of $20. Or I...
  5. E

Veneer Problem

So... I've done a few small veneer jobs using a lot of clamps all around the perimeter. Worked well. Never needed/wanted to invest a lot of $$$ in a vacuum system. But now I have a large single piece of veneer, 16x20. I'm hesitant to ask for help, i.e. use of a vacuum bag, because of this...
  6. E

Sunny Scrollers Group

There will be a meeting of the Sunny Scrollers group this coming Sunday, March 1st from 2-4 PM at Klingspor in Cary. It should be a very informative and interesting meeting as the president of the Carolina Scrollers in Western NC is coming from Winston Salem to address the group. Please note...
  7. E

Sunny Scrollers!

Once again our group the Sunny Scrollers is meeting this Sunday, November 4th (always the first Sunday of every month) at Klingspor in Cary. As always, we meet 2-4 PM and the meetings are free and open to everyone. Please join us whether you are a scroller or not and see what we're all about...
  8. E

Sunny Scrollers

Again, Hi All! This weekend has the first Sunday in October so it's time again for the monthly meeting of the Sunny Scrollers group. We'll be discussing and showing projects everyone has made using letters including different fonts as well as lower case and capital letters. Our meeting takes...
  9. E

Sunny Scrollers Mtg.

Hi Everyone! Tomorrow, Sept. 1st, there will be a meeting of the Sunny Scrollers scroll saw group from 2-4 PM at Kligspor's in Cary. Yes, even though it's a holiday weekend our group decided to meet anyway. So, if any of you are scroll sawers or are just interested in learning more about it...
  10. E

Sunny Scrollers meeting

All Woodworkers! There will be a Sunny Scrollers meeting this Sunday, tomorrow, August 4th at Klingspor in Cary. As always, it will be from 2-4 pm and everyone, whether a member of the group or not, is welcome. Please join us!!
  11. E

Grizzly Cyclone $450

Grizzly 2HP Model G0441 cyclone dust collector. Purchased new in 2008. Still in perfect operating condition, fully assembled. 35 gallon chip drum (smaller than one in photo). Noise reduction muffler included. Remote control included. 220V.
  12. E

Sunny Scrollers

There will be a meeting of the Sunny Scrollers (scroll saw club) this Sunday, July 7th, 2019 from 2-4 PM at Klingspors Woodworking shop in Cary, NC. Everyone is invited! Lee K.
  13. E

Sunny Scrollers meeting June 2, 2019

The Scroll Saw club, Sunny Scrollers, will have their next meeting at Klingspore's in Cary, NC on Sunday, June 2nd from 2-4 PM. Can't wait to see everyone there as I've been out of the country for the past two meetings. The meeting is open to everyone whether you scroll saw or want to learn...
  14. E

Sunny Scroller meeting

Hi All! This Sunday, February 3rd will be a meeting of the Sunny Scroller club at Klingspor in Cary from 2-4 PM. Everyone both old and new are welcome!!
  15. E

Sunny Scrollers Meeting 1/6

Hi All! The first Sunny Scrollers meeting of 2019 will be held this coming Sunday 1/6 from 2-4 PM at Klingspor's Woodworking Shop in Cary. As a reminder, meetings are always held on the first Sunday of each month, same time and place. EVERYONE is welcome whether you scroll or not as we will...
  16. E

3rd Sunny Scrollers meeting

Hi All! This Sunday, Dec. 2nd, will be the third meeting of the Sunny Scrollers (scroll saw) at Klingspor woodwork shop in Cary at @ 2pm. Hope to see any and all scrollers there and anyone who is even interested in scroll sawing. Lee K.
  17. E

Sunny Scrollers meeting

This Sunday, Nov. 4th will be the 2nd meeting of the newly formed scroll sawers (Sunny Scrollers) in the Triangle. It will be held at Klingspor in Cary from 2-4 PM. Please bring your latest project for "show and tell" and any questions to ask of the group. There is also some very BIG news to...
  18. E

Scrollsaw Club in Raleigh ?? NOTE NEW DATE

Update: New information The next meeting of the Scroll Sawers in the Triangle (the Sunny Scrollers) will be held at Klingspor in Cary on the first Sunday in November, Nov. 4th from 2-4 PM. Please note I edited the date on my last post about this past Sunday’s meeting of the Sunny Scrollers...
  19. E

Exercise in patience… or Art of Procrastination !

For 25 years our “office” desk has been a piece of glass (5 ft x 30 inches) resting on two steel file cabinets. Not very elegant, but extremely economical and functional. Beginning in 2010 we started looking for the “perfect” wood slab to replace the glass. We wanted an 8 foot long desk we...
  20. E

Shopping for scrollsaw

I have been using a Delta scrollsaw for 7 years and while the saw is still in very good condition, I am ready to upgrade to either the Hawk, Hegner, or Excalibur. Although YouTube videos are informative I would really like to touch and feel at least one or all three of these saws. But I don't...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS