Search results

1. E

Gluing MDF

I typically only use MDF for templates. However, I have a unique project that requires hardwood edge banding on MDF. I've always understood that MDF doesn't glue well because it absorbs so much of the (yellow) glue. So, I'm asking this forum for advice on best methods for gluing hardwood to...
  2. E

Flatten Veneer

With regard for all the woodworking sites on YouTube, I had some time to waste (invest?) in learning something about flattening veneer. Most craftsmen subscribe to the "old" school method of pressing wet veneer between paper sheets until it is dry. But one gentleman used a standard clothes...
  3. E

Calculating BF used to make a cutting board

No doubt, a board made of exotic hardwood can be pricey. And when you include an epoxy "river" the cost of materials can double !!
  4. E

Charcuterie and Magnetic Knife Holder finished -- again, just in time for Santa

Great job Mark. All's well that ends well. No one would ever imagine the amount of work that went into making that knife holder!
  5. E

Needing Help Resawing a Board

Mark - please send me a private message and we can arrange time/day to get this done. Happy to help you out. I live near the crossroads shopping center. Ed
  6. E

Marquetry Veneer - Free

OK, it’s yours Mike. I’ll bring it to the meeting November 5.
  7. E

Marquetry Veneer - Free

I have a large pile of miscellaneous veneer suitable for marquetry. Some partial pieces, small pieces, split pieces, generally odds and ends. Happy to pass it along to a “forever home”. I’m sure a marquetry artist could use much of it - or not, then toss the “waste” in the fire box. Best part...
  8. E

Pick up from Extravaganza to Apex/Cary area

Jim - I will be there on Friday, returning to Cary that night. I am happy to bring your veneer back with me. If this suits you, please PM me the details. Ed
  9. E

Asheville- Scrounger’s Paradise

Been there... done that a few years ago. Picked up some very nice morado at a very nice price - at that time. But you better wear a respirator when working with morado.
  10. E

FINAL - Segmented Turning Workshop at Charlie's Shop

Charlie - would you please add me to your list of attendees? Thanks, Ed
  11. E

Scrolling for Beginners - Workshop

Bill - please add Lee to the intermediate class list, when it is scheduled. Thanks. Ed
  12. E

Coin inlay with Epoxy

You might not think this could happen, but the coin will actually "float" to the surface of the epoxy. You need to anchor the coin to the wood before covering it with epoxy. Either use a drop of glue or a drop of epoxy to secure the coin in place. Once that is dry/cured then you can pour...
  13. E

RDU Area Shop Crawls are here -- Spaces are still available if you are interested!

Please include me in the Durham/CH crawl. Party of 1 - just me. Thanks.
  14. E

Sanding an Epoxy River

Tom - as you know, you are mixing apples and oranges... or rather, wood and epoxy. I have sanded the entire slab, wood and epoxy to 320. Then, assuming your "river" is at least a few inches wide, continue sanding the epoxy - although your ROS may overlap the wood. If the river is too narrow...
  15. E

July 16 workshop at Phil's shop - Sold Out

Please include me…. I can cut dovetails although one never stops improving. Thank you.
  16. E

Ladies day workshop at Phil's - Regrettably cancelled

Regrets as well... Lee will have to withdraw too... and has lost interest in attending should it be rescheduled. Thank you.
  17. E

Pictures of Canoe Launch: It Floats!

Donn - I know nothing about building canoes and even less about familial relationships... but I do have an appreciation for working with wood. I have been reading this book and thought you just might find it as interesting as I have. Google the title, read some reviews, and then decide for...
  18. E

Ladies day workshop at Phil's - Regrettably cancelled

Not to be confused with my husband Ed, because we share this log-on and email address... I, LEE, would like to attend this workshop please.
  19. E

Veneer Glue

SOLD - thank you Scott... that's a lot of glue, should be able to finish all your many projects. Thanks for the shop tour.
  20. E

Veneer Glue

I have a gallon of extra dark Better Bond X-Press veneer glue which is about 6 months old and cost about $28. Pretty sure I will never be able to use it all, and lest it age out and go to waste I would love to swap it with someone for a piece of wood, your choice, approx. value of $20. Or I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS