Search results

1. W

"Floating Shelves"- method critique

I've used these to good effect, and they should provide substantially more support: https://www.sheppardbrackets.com/
  2. W

Wood identification help

+1 for gum. The bark's a giveaway, and I think the heartwood's consistent with gum.
  3. W

Trimming edge banding/not marring finish

Before I went over to using thicker hardwood banding, I would "saw" the edge-banding flush with the edge of a flat file. Held at angle away from the face of the plywood, the technique left the plywood face pretty pristine.
  4. W

Where to get large slabs planed in the Raleigh area

These guys appear capable: Wide Slab Flattening, Kiln Drying, Heat Sterilizing (Bug Kill), Belt Sanding, Sawmilling, Woodshop Services near Raleigh Durham North Carolina
  5. W

Need an oak wood beam

I've got a few that might fit the bill. If you're still looking, let me know your dimensions. I'm between D'ham and Chapel Hill. - Wells
  6. W

Jet-JWBS-18 bandsaw-Is $1100 to much?

For what it's worth, I have the older model of this saw (blue body) and I found it to be shockingly underpowered. Even after really tuning it, the machine was worthless for resawing. I bought a 3hp Harvey 615 for resaw work and put a 1/4 inch blade on the Jet, which I kept for cutting curves...
  7. W

Chair Scoop Using Table Saw

I've found that with a Kutzall shaping wheel and guide holes in gradient, I can knock out a chair seat in 30-40 mins.
  8. W

Drum Sander

I've also been babysitting a friend's DeltaX drum sander which I strenuously unrecommend. It would bog down sanding a saltine.
  9. W

Drum Sander

I've got the Supermax 25-50. No complaints.
  10. W

Finishing Workshop series

I'm interested for sure. Please add me to the list, if a list happens. - Wells
  11. W

Shout out to The Hardwood Store of North Carolina

Wow. That's an amazing deal.
  12. W

Looking for Small Tablesaw

Hi Mike, I've got a Delta contractor's saw that I haven't used much since I upgraded to a Sawstop. If you're interested, PM me and I can zap you some details. Wells
  13. W

SOLD-Norfab components for sale

Thanks, Neal. Just PM'd you, Dean.
  14. W

SOLD-Norfab components for sale

Hi Neal, I too would be interested in whatever Dean doesn't snag. Would be grateful for the PM info.
  15. W

Preferred finish for patio furniture

Never used Sikkens, but thanks for the tip. It'd be going over white oak.
  16. W

Preferred finish for patio furniture

I'm going to build a few benches and tables for our deck. It'll be my first attempt at pieces that will need to withstand the full brunt of the elements. I'd be grateful for any tips on durable outdoor finishes, number of coats, and any other wisdom on the subject. Many thanks.
  17. W

Real SawStop footage........ EEK !

Harrowing illustration of what never to do. And interesting that she was sufficiently safety conscious to wear a dust mask but not to heed the most rudimentary basics of TS safety.
  18. W

SOLD: SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with extras $1000 (Matthews, NC)

Sent you a note through the conversation function. All best, Wells
  19. W

SOLD: SuperMax 19-38 drum sander with extras $1000 (Matthews, NC)

Hi Jamie, I'd love to take it off your hands. Not sure when I'll get down to your part of the state, though. Will send you a PM.
  20. W

hinge mortise jig recommendation?

Great to know. Thanks for the tip, Wayne. And for the gracious offer to borrow yours, but I never miss a chance to buy a new tool.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS