Search results

1. R

I need use of a "BIG" bandsaw

I am starting on a new chair design and this one will require that I resaw a 14 inch lamination. Does anyone in the Raleigh area have a bandsaw big enough to handle this and be willing to let me use your saw? The resaw will be on a curve, just to make things interesting, so I'll need a narrow...
  2. R

I need the help of a 12" jointer

Hi all, Is there someone with a 12" jointer in the Fuquay- Varina area that will let me rent some time to joint a 12" board I've glued up? I'd sure appreciate the help. I am making a ship's quarter board from bass wood and I need it to be flat and true. John Flanagan (Rocker).
  3. R

New chair WIP

Hi all, I have a new chair in progress. Actually, the wood working is done and it is ready for the finish. This is not a rocking chair, but evolved from an earlier design for a unique rocker that I may eventually make. I call this a Campeachy II chair. President Jefferson was attracted to a...
  4. R

SCMS dust collection

Attached is a description of the dust collection system that I built for my Bosch sliding compound miter saw. It collects about 95% of the dust this thing creates and is cheap and easy to build. Comments?
  5. R

thinking of getting the mm E16

I'm considering the MM E16 bandsaw. Has anyone got one? Anyone have an opinion? Any advice welcome. thanks, John
  6. R

[Problem-Gallery] Rocking chair

Status: Entered Assigned To:: Unassigned ===================================== I tried to edit the photo of my rocking chair to name it: Rain Forest Rocker. I also added a description. But the whole thing has now disappeared. Can you help?
  7. R

Chair Caning needed

Help!!! Does anyone within driving distance of Raleigh do chair caning? I have six chairs that need caning. John (Rocker)
  8. R

Drying Wood

hello everyone. Back in early May I bought 100 bf of 8/4 walnut from Jeff. At the time it's mc was north of 35%. At the picnic, I took possession of 50 bf of Kyle's Dawn Redwood. Its mc was about 16%. I also got 100 bf of Jeff's green qsas and its mc was about 25%. I stickered it on my...
  9. R

New rocker, critiques please

I have finished a new rocker. This one is based on a theme of the rain forest...so I call it, naturally...Rain Forest Rocker. The primary woods are mahogany and wenge. I wanted it to look voluptuous but refined. The wenge backrests are made from quarter sawn wenge which revealed the...
  10. R

Redmond Spring Clearance Sale

Great prices. http://www.redmond-machinery.com/newsletter_pg2.htm
  11. R

attic drying

I have a large walkup attic that gets pretty darn hot in the summer. I plan to stack some of Jeff's 8/4 wood up there to dry it and I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this and any thoughts or advice. Rocker
  12. R

Rocker in Fuquay-Varina

Hi All, I found this site mentioned at the Klingspor store in Raleigh after all these years. I've been living here in Fuquay since 1996 and came here by way of Memphis, TN: Sarasota, Fl; and Waitsfield, Vermont. By day I'm a commodity broker...yeah, I know...and work in my shop whenever I'm...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS