Search results

1. R

Looking for an entry-level wood lathe

I will post this lathe on Monday. It has a OneWay Talon chuck and I just realized that I paid $350 for the chuck alone, so I'll raise the price to $350 when I post. I will keep the price at $250 for Jay and Chris for a week. I hope that's fair. John
  2. R

Jay, This lathe is still available. John
  3. R

Sam and Chris, This is the Delta LA200 midi lathe. I have about $550 invested in it and think I'm offering a good price. Let me know. John
  4. R

Looking for bandsaw (14"-18")

Jeremaih, I just noticed your post. I sold my Rikon 18" but i'm also selling my Delta 14". This one has riser blocks and it resaws well if you have a sharp blade. I'm asking $300. It includes several blades, including some unused ones. Also, I have a Powermatic joiner that I'm selling. it is...
  5. R

Chris, I just noticed your post. I am about to post a Delta midi-lathe that also has an extended bed and lathe tools as well as a good quality chuck. I am asking $250 for everything. Let me know if you're interested. I'll be posting tomorrow. John 919 557 8393. I'm located in Fuquay Varina.
  6. R

Recommend an upholsterer?

I have had great success with AFC Upholstery. They are on Yonkers Road in Raleigh. Tele: 919 828 7771. They upholstered a chair in leather for me and they did it fast and really cheap. They know how to work with woodworkers and I recommend them highly. John (Rocker)
  7. R

Anyone used a pantograph style carving duplicator?

Andy, I have a duplicating carver in my shop that I don't use. You are welcome to take it home and try it. If you like it, pay me what you think its worth. Regards, John (Rocker)
  8. R

Shipping furniture

Dan, Make a plywood crate for it and then take it to Yellow Freight and get a quote from them. I shipped a rocking chair to CA from here for $275 using them. Regards, Rocker
  9. R

Ok, now's your chance to give Scott Smith a hand

Scott, I'll be there Sunday at 8. John (Rocker)
  10. R

"Santa" Lumber Run

will you have any 8/4 stock? I'd be interested in 100 bf of walnut and maybe cherry, too. Regards, John (Rocker)
  11. R

I need use of a "BIG" bandsaw

Travis, This is great. Thank you. I'll let you know when I'm ready to resaw and then arrange a time that will be good for you. I'm looking forward to using the MM 24. I have a Rikon 18" and a Delta 14" with the riser block, but both of those have a 12" limit, which is good for the first two...
  12. R

I need use of a "BIG" bandsaw

I am starting on a new chair design and this one will require that I resaw a 14 inch lamination. Does anyone in the Raleigh area have a bandsaw big enough to handle this and be willing to let me use your saw? The resaw will be on a curve, just to make things interesting, so I'll need a narrow...
  13. R

Turned some new pens today

Great looking pens, Alex. I hope Pam surprises me with the pen you made for her...its beautiful. John (Rocker)
  14. R

Scratch and Dent Sale?

Robert, I have bought from them and I was very satisfied. They have been around for quite a while and are good people. John (Rocker)
  15. R

*pics* Touchwood Sycamore Rocker *** IT'S DONE ***

Re: *pics* Touchwood Sycamore Rocker WIP Don and Alan, I have a stack of dry qsas that I will probably make a chair from, but my brother was recently at Redcliffe Plantation in Aiken, SC and he tells me that the interior trimwork on this plantation is made from sycamore and that it is twisted...
  16. R

*pics* Touchwood Sycamore Rocker *** IT'S DONE ***

Re: *pics* Touchwood Sycamore Rocker WIP Wonderful work, Don. I love the grain of that sycamore and it really stands out on the headrest and seat. Was the sycamore easier to work that the utile? John (Rocker)
  17. R

Squirrel Cage blower/motor sources?

You can also find them on ebay. I got a 16" 2000 cfm squirrel cage blower from a vendor I found on ebay for $39.
  18. R

occasional table complete

Dino, That is great work!!! I love the design and the finish. You always do the best work. Regards, John (Rocker)
  19. R

New Band Saw Gloat

Danny and Tommy, First, congrats Tommy!!! I still have not tuned up my new Rikon and I'd appreciate any suggestions that you two come up with regarding adjusting the table etc. Regards John (Rocker)
  20. R

Logs from Hawaii

Jeff, If you get a shipment from Hawaii, please put me down for 100 bf of 8/4. We'll decide on the type of wood when you get it. Regards, John (Rocker)

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors