Search results

1. mikeh74

A Day to Remember!

Congratulation!
  2. mikeh74

Free Base Cabinets

I've replied to your PM. I'd like to have them out of my storage space before then.
  3. mikeh74

Free Base Cabinets

Here is what is left if anyone is interested in these. 7 cabinets total (1) 33" (3) 36" (3) 38"
  4. mikeh74

Free Base Cabinets

As of right now no one has committed to anything. I'll send you a PM
  5. mikeh74

Free Base Cabinets

I have one 18" cabinet and the rest are 36" to 43". You're welcome to any combination you'd like.
  6. mikeh74

Free Base Cabinets

They are all different sizes. Smallest is 18” biggest is 43” wide. I believe they are all 32.75” tall and 24” deep.
  7. mikeh74

Free Base Cabinets

Got these from Phil and never used them. Offering them back up to the group for free. I have 15 available. Pick up in Durham.
  8. mikeh74

Scrap Wood Art Work

Thanks. Not much to tell. Used 4 different colors of spray paint. Red, two oranges and yellow. Wood was burnt first to make the grain pop and then lightly sprayed with spray paint to give it some color. Top pieces were not colored.
  9. mikeh74

Scrap Wood Art Work

Finally completed this scrap wood art project I’ve been working on in my spare time. 860 individual pieces. Fun but tedious.
  10. mikeh74

Scraping a Textured Ceiling

I've attached a mud knife to a shop vacuum extension. Worked pretty well. Didn't catch everything but made cleanup much easier. You can also lay down plastic to capture what lands on the ground and just throw the whole thing away. Ceiling texture can contain asbestos so I'd recommend...
  11. mikeh74

RDU Area Shop Crawls

Thank you to the organizers and shop owners. I had a wonderful time and came away with some great ideas. Even though it wasn’t woodworking the pinball machines were the highlight for me and took me back to my childhood.
  12. mikeh74

RDU Area Shop Crawls are here -- Spaces are still available if you are interested!

This sounds like fun. Put me down for the Dur/Ch (1)
  13. mikeh74

Anyone running a mini split in their shop?

I have a Mr. Cool 24k DIY mini split and have been very happy with it. The first one failed within a week but they have great customer service and replaced the unit. It's been running for almost tow years now with no issues.
  14. mikeh74

Rough Cut Timber

Pine 10” X 10” X 12’ (5) Pine 4” X 10” X 12’ (20) Live edge oak slabs (5) 4/5 (1.25”) quarter sawn oak several pieces in misc widths all 12' long Shiplap cedar Tung and groove pine All for $500 Located in Durham
  15. mikeh74

Hand Planes

Public Hardware in downtown Durham is going out of business and has a bunch of old hand planes for sale. The ones pictured have been priced but there were a tone more on the counter to be priced.
  16. mikeh74

Job Posting: Construction Field Manager

Hello Everyone, My brother and I recently started a contracting business and are looking for a Field Manager. Job description is below along with a link at the bottom to apply for the position or you can contact me directly with your resume. Job description New general contracting company...
  17. mikeh74

Drying Rack

We’d like to make some drying racks for our shop like the ones pictures. What is the easiest way to create the sides? I believe it’s plywood. CNC?
  18. mikeh74

Shaper & scroll saw at Trosa

At Trosa in Durham off Roxboro road.
  19. mikeh74

Vise workshop show off

Finally got some finish on mine and am willing to show it. I too need to build a workbench now.
  20. mikeh74

Cutting Board Troubleshooting

I've had this problem in the past too. I've shimmed one of the rubber feet with a stainless steel washer.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS