Search results

1. W

Plywood or Veneer

+1 for the PVA and hot iron process. VASTLY easier than contact adhesive. For plain face veneer, hardwood plywood is probably competitive. Given that you are making a "show" piece of furniture, you should at least review your options. The very best, unusual and figured wood is always going...
  2. W

Kitchen Cabinet Opinions

Yes, remember the prefinished panels have a commercial clear coat formulation with UV cure. Not really something you can touch up later without very special finish and equipment
  3. W

Kitchen Cabinet Opinions

If you are feeling extra fancy, you could use matched veneer sheets with a substrate. Then all the grain would match perfectly. Titebond and warm iron is an easy process https://totalwoodstore.com/Anigre-Wall-Veneer
  4. W

Kitchen Cabinet Opinions

Yes, that is probably a fair price for quality kitchen cabinet doors
  5. W

Kitchen Cabinet Opinions

Are you aware that you can buy unfinished and prefinished door and drawer fronts? Many custom cabinet shops outsource this to specialty suppliers.
  6. W

What color workshop floor would you do?

White. Will encourage you to keep it clean
  7. W

Harvey Woodworking - New Product Launch

Rip It looks more useful for production shop, like kitchen cabinets, but would have to compete with current flip-stop styles. Hoping some of this great technology trickles down to an affordable range...
  8. W

Another small CNC request

Definitely laser. Echd's comments on potential for voids are real
  9. W

Harvey Woodworking - New Product Launch

Excellent design, maybe one day some of this will transfer to a more affordable version.....
  10. W

Refresh, local veneer sources

Many thanks to all!
  11. W

Refresh, local veneer sources

Refreshing post from 5 years ago. Any good Raleigh area sources for veneer? Finishing 2 medium size speakers, prefer interesting grain pattern but open to suggestions. Capital Lumber has very limited, and expensive, options. Herzog is wholesale only
  12. W

Thoughts on a Basic face vise

definitely interested
  13. W

Using a Router sled to flatten lumber

Depends on how often you need it. I used a router sled on some small exotic wood glue ups and it worked perfectly. I also have a small surface planer that, honestly, I use rarely. On reflection would have been better served putting the planer cash into router table upgrades
  14. W

Looking at jointers

Opinions vary on router selection. But I have an older PC 7518 hanging under my table that works very well.
  15. W

Thoughts on a Basic face vise

Interested!
  16. W

High Density Fiberboard?

Does anyone know of a good source for high density fiberboard (hdf)? Looking for source in Raleigh area to build speaker cabinets. Need one sheet 4'x8'x3/4".

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS