Search results

1. K

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

If you are going to wear running shoes be careful. Regardless of brand they come in different platforms. I started training and running 10K's at age 25. I have a high arch and a neutral platform. I found Asci's work best for me. I have been wearing this brand for over 50 years. I use mats over...
  2. K

Hinges for boxes

Timely post! I decided this week to try a little box making. I have not made a box in 30 years and very few of those had hinges. Now if I can just find this post when I need it :) :eek:
  3. K

Best all-around finish?

I think a lot more importance should be placed on what the item is and where and how it will be used or displayed. The finished look you want is certainly important but will the finish stand up to the use and environment when all is said and done. One glass of iced tea placed on the wrong finish...
  4. K

Slot cutters

Thanks to all!! I was about to list my Dewalt biscuit joiner for sale. I now have a use for it.
  5. K

Delta 50-850 dust collector ?

I am looking for a Y connector to insert into one of the 2 ports on the DC. I have a 4" Y connector but it will not fit in the port on the DC. I am using the DC for my table saw, BS and ROS. Now I am having to change the hose each time I switch from BS to ROS. It would be easier to just open...
  6. K

Buckeye turned Tarheel

Welcome!! My wife's family moved south from Ohio 50 years ago and they still think they are Buckeyes.:)
  7. K

cherry wood and the sun

It did not solve the problem. The wood did not have a finish on it. I belonged to the York Woodworkers club at the time. I had suggestions from everyone, even John Leake. There was always a line.
  8. K

cherry wood and the sun

I actually tried what you suggested. I tried many different ways. I never could make it work. I like to leave cherry its natural color and watch it age over time.
  9. K

Lye aging for cherry

what is the brand?
  10. K

cherry wood and the sun

There is another active thread concerning how to darken cherry. I did not what to be accused of stealing that thread. This one is about how not to darken cherry In the other thread there is a comment on placing the cherry in the sun. There is a right way and a wrong way. About 20/25 years ago...
  11. K

Lye aging for cherry

I am confused about using milk paint to age cherry. Years ago I had some old growth pine which I wanted to stretch as far as I could. I made a dinette table top out of the pine. I used polar for the skirt and legs and painted it with milk paint. This is my only experience with milk paint so how...
  12. K

measurement ?

This is from Cutting Board Designer web site. What does fbm stand for? Walnut: 28.675in x 7.675in x 1.175in (1.796fbm = $20.47)
  13. K

Calculating BF used to make a cutting board

When I looked at the spread sheet I took the numbers to mean BF They are not identified in any way. One second of rational thought would have made it clear it could not be BF. Just plan stupid. Makes me think of a line from a movie "stupid is as stupid does". This may be an all tine record for me.
  14. K

Framed wood

I am happy you came across this. I do not think many people would think to display it the way you have. Magnificent
  15. K

I am using walnut, cherry and maple. The latest board I am going to make Design JS calculated 16 board feet. The board will be end grain 18"x12". Someone please tell me what I am reading as BF is wrong. It would make me a lot happier to be wrong rather than spending that much money on cutting...
  16. K

A couple of weeks ago I had a post about the Cutting Board Designer JS. I have never really paid much attention to how many BF it takes to make a cutting board. Now that I am using the Designer JS I am in shock about how many BF are used. My wife asked me to make boards for her to give away...
  17. K

cutting board designer JS

type what Neal says in your browser
  18. K

cutting board designer JS

Taking advantage of the cold weather(ha) I have been watching videos on woodworking. On one of the videos there was a link to "cutting board designer JS". It is an interactive site which is a real aid in designing cutting boards. I have not seen it mentioned here so I thought I would pass it on...
  19. K

Router collet extention

Thanks to all. I have ordered a plunge base for my router.
  20. K

Router collet extention

How about a 1/2" dado bit taking a cut of 1/16", or less, on each pass

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS