Search results

1. B

Belt Replacement - Grizzly T25920 12x18 Wood Lathe

Hi, The part below is on backorder from Grizzly. This is the first time I've had to replace the belt to I'm unsure if I can order something 'close' from Amazon? The belt is about 3/8" wide and the description notes 25L but mine measured closer to 27". Would this work: 3/8" Power Twist V-Belt...
  2. B

Rubio Monocoat Finish Repair

Any thoughts on how to repair a burn on a table? This is mahogany / maple (ebony corners) and they set a hot pad on the table and it's left some rings. Can you re-sand the area and reapply? Thanks!
  3. B

Fence Trade - Incra TS-LS for Sawstop fence - TRADE COMPLETE

I recently purchased a used Sawstop that has the Incra TS-LS fence system. I'd prefer the 36" T-Glide fence as I'm just used to that style of fence. Anyone want to upgrade their fence? Thanks for looking.
  4. B

Shout out to The Hardwood Store of North Carolina

I took this 48x80" table top to The Hardwood Store of North Carolina to have the top and bottom planed. This was made from 5/4 mahogany wood purchased there. The maple / ebony inlay was not flush with the table top. They took 2 passes on the top / 1 on the bottom. The top is still 1 1/16"...
  5. B

SOLD (Thank you NextDoor!): Jet JWTS-10JF Table Saw For Sale - Lowered Price ($425 OBO)

Jet JWTS-10JF Table Saw, fence, mobile base along with a set of Freud dado blades. I have a handful of other blades that I will give away, though I can't guarantee sharpness as they are due for a cleaning (include 40, 60, 80 tooth blades / some thin kerf as well). Original owner. $425 or best...
  6. B

PE from Picnic to Asheville

Hi, Will anyone attending the picnic be headed back to Asheville? I have some things that I'd like to be dropped off at The Dog and Pony Show (Hayward Street). Thanks in advance.
  7. B

Cribbage Board .tap file

I have a Shark CNC and as part of the clip art there is a cribbage board template. I can't seem to get that to work. The holes seem too small (maybe 1/16") and I'd expect to use a drilling toolpath. I need more practice on the CNC but wondering if anyone has a 'standard' cribbage board .tap...
  8. B

Replacing carpet with hardwood flooring

Hi, I'm considering replacing the upstairs carpeting with hardwood flooring similar to what I have downstairs (2 1/4" red oak - 3/4"). I'm hiring a friend that feels confident he can do this. He's somewhat of a handyman but has concerns about doing the work to my satisfaction. It's about...
  9. B

Rikon 1 Micron Inner Filter - $60 (Returned - thank you to the new Rockler store in Cary!!)

I purchased the filter for my 61-200 unit and it doesn't fit. The website says it should fit but the filter itself is 12"x24" and the unit is under 12" in height. Rocker was kind enough to say they wouldn't charge me a restocking fee but I was still responsible for shipping :mad:. Pretty sure...
  10. B

3D Cutting Board

My son and I just finished a 3D cutting board. Considering it was our first try - we're pretty happy with how it turned out. 16 separate glue ups (not my strong suit). We didn't mill the wood correctly so it made for a little extra work. We glued up 2 pieces cut at 45 degrees (afromosia /...
  11. B

Bottle Stops / Openers

I've been turning quite a few bottle stops recently. I had been using a 1/2" bowl gouge which made it tricky to make some of the shapes. I've since moved to a spindle gouge and find that works much better. Amazing what the right tool will do. The stoppers are frin Niles Bottle Stoppers. It's...
  12. B

LLC in NC Questions

Long story short - I had to create an LLC to get an EIN so that I could accept payment from a business for 60 sets of coasters. I could have used my SSN but didn't want to. I used ZenBusiness to setup the LLC and part of the signup was a free consultation with 1-800accountant. Apparently, you...
  13. B

Coasters Completed

Linc, Eric, and I were asked to make 60 sets of coasters for a company golf outing by a friend we play darts with. We were able to knock them out in 17 days. We did something every day and created a spreadsheet that tracked how many sets we needed to glue, rout, sand, finish, burn, touch-up in...
  14. B

Mr. Heater 60,000 BTU Propane Heater - $75

I purchased the Mr. Heater MH60QFAV 60,000 BTU Portable Propane Forced Air Heater last November, 2020 for $143. It works fine, I just don't like the open flame. I'll probably move to an electric heater. I'm in Wake Forest. I still have the box and can include pictures if you like. Thanks.
  15. B

Bessey Clamps - $220 - SOLD

I have 4 five foot and 1 four foot Bessey clamps for sale ($45 each). I no longer need long clamps. Thanks for looking.
  16. B

First Turning

Not easy to follow Charlie's post but I'm pretty happy with my first completed segmented vase. It's made from afrormosia, walnut, and maple. The afrormosia was really nice to turn and could not be happier with how it looks. I used Odie's oil to finish it. 180 pieces. Thanks for looking.
  17. B

Shopfox jointer - turning off after a few seconds

Hi, We were using the jointer yesterday (milling ~12" x 4" pieces of walnut) when it turned off. That has happened before and you take the back off and push the reset switch and all is good. Now, the jointer runs for a few seconds and then turns off. I think it could be the belt. In one of...
  18. B

Segmented Turning

My son, Eric, completed his first segmented turning piece. Since he isn't as active as me, I'll take an opportunity to share a picture. It is 168 pieces / 12 segments - purpleheart and maple. He's already in the design phase for his next piece. A few thanks are in order. Mike Davis worked...
  19. B

Ortur Laser Master 2

I was having an issue with the laser going home (grinding on the axis). It just stopped working after the 2nd coaster. Loose wire. They are not easy to clip in but I think I've got them all in tight now. Putting the signs back up on the garage doors! Credit to my son and wife for the sign...
  20. B

Shop Resolutions

I have 2 resolutions for 2022. First is more shavings and less dust. I mentioned that in a different post but this year I will learn more about hand tools and see what I can do to cut down on the sawdust. It's more gratifying when you can do something by hand without a power tool (for me...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors