Search results

1. E

Clear water-resistant finish for dresser turned into vanity

Yep exactly. Don’t really know.
  2. E

And the build quality of the dressers is nice. Solid wood, everything fits well, good drawer slides, etc.
  3. E

I got quotes for custom sized vanity tops and they were just too expensive. My thought is I will use these and see how they do, and I'll just get new vanities in a couple years if it doesn't work out. If I hadn't already bought these dressers months ago for this vanity plan, I'd probably be at...
  4. E

BTW, I did a test (on a part that I will cut out) by pouring some water on the top, setting a glass on it and leaving it for three hours. When I wiped it off there wasn't a mark on there. Maybe I don't even need another layer of finish. Although I'm not sure if the current finish, or any...
  5. E

Thanks Henry. The end grain won't be visible so I'm gonna seal the crap out of it. Which finish would you use, assuming my existing finish is oil based and I want a matte or satin sheen?
  6. E

I used Waterlox on a kitchen island countertop several years ago, and it's held up great. But I think it has too much of an amber color for this purpose. I've also used Arm-R-Seal, but again I recall it giving am amber color. Both of those applications were on raw wood where I wanted an amber...
  7. E

I believe the top is solid wood and I definitely plan to seal the underside as well. I’ve never really put a finish to the moisture test like a vanity will, which is why I’m reaching out to those with more experience. Thanks for the insight.
  8. E

Thanks. I'm going to eliminate Epifanes from the competition as overkill. The rep from Zar emailed me about yellowing of their oil poly, and she recommended their Oil-modified urethane poly because it will yellow or amber less but offers the same protection. Like you recommended, I'm leaning...
  9. E

Hello all. I am from Charlotte and have been getting advice from these forums for years (along with Sawmill Creek etc) but have never posted. I am nearing completion of a 2-year (!!!) project to convert my 1930s unfinished attic into a master suite. I picked up some dressers to convert into...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors