Search results

1. AL Spicer

Everything Must Go

Thanks to all that have commented publicly and by PM. I'll Keep on checking the list to see what's going on. The oscillating sander and the down draft have been sold.
  2. AL Spicer

Everything Must Go

Due to health reasons I’m closing down my shop. I have been a long-time lurker and sometimes contributor. I’m in Dallas, NC at 4110 Puett’s Chapel Rd. 28034. I have set up a craigslist page showing items and descriptionAll items are priced at 1/2 or below current price. PM me if you’re...
  3. AL Spicer

Congratulations to Al Spicer - Grand Prize Winner of Popular Woodworking Contest

Thanks for the congratulations, it was a thrill and honor.:wsmile: Al http://spicerwoodworks.com Instagram @spicerwoodworks
  4. AL Spicer

April 2017 Contest: Post pictures of a sitting apparatus you have built

This is a replica of a John &Thomas Seymour chair that is a companion piece to a Seymour Lady’s Tambour Secretary. It is made of mahogany with satinwood inlay on the rail crest and legs set off by surrounds of black/white stringing. The styles and rear legs have reeding along with each banister...
  5. rail

rail

Detail
  6. chair5

chair5

This is a replica of a John &Thomas Seymour chair that is a companion piece to a Seymour Lady’s Tambour Secretary. It is made of mahogany with satinwood inlay on the rail crest and legs set off by surrounds of black/white stringing. The styles and rear legs have reeding along with each...
  7. AL Spicer

March 2017 Contest: the most wackiest design you have built!

This is by far the wackiest design I have ever come up with. I just wanted to build something with a circular theme.
  8. AL Spicer

Mahogany Dressing Table

Well done!:icon_cheers
  9. AL Spicer

Latest Turning

Very Nice!
  10. AL Spicer

Veneer glue for humidor?

Jeff, I use Pro-Glue on all my veneer work. I dries hard and you must follow the instructions. it will not work below 70 degrees. For below 70 I put a electric blanket on it. Be sure to veneer both sides for stability. http://vac-u-clamp.com/adhesivesandsofteners Urea Resin Wood Glue - A...
  11. AL Spicer

Split Bamboo Fly Fishing Rod Maker near 28645?

Charles, A few tips on making split bamboo fly rods. It takes about 40 hours to make a rod. You only want to use Tonkin Bamboo, it only grows in a small region of China. A link to a good supplier http://www.tonkincane.com/tonkprice.html You only want to use the Tonkin bamboo, because it has...
  12. AL Spicer

Different for me too

Dan I just oriented the grain in the direction I thought would look best. For the spiral I first turned all the disk on the lathe at one time with a threaded rod through the center. Then set up a simple jig on the drill press creating a new center that was off center. Next I made a template...
  13. AL Spicer

Different for me too

Hello All, Just catching up on the forum and saw Dan’s (danmart77) post on “Time for Something Different”. Very interesting chair and it reminded me of a project I just finished that was different for me. The table is 24”D x 31”H. I wanted to embellish it using inlay stringing on the top. The...
  14. side view

side view

15. top with inlay

top with inlay

16. front view of table

front view of table

17. AL Spicer

Cherry Dresser Completed

Well done, look forward to seeing the bed.:wsmile:
  18. AL Spicer

Wash stand

Well done! Thanks for sharing.
  19. AL Spicer

anyone been to Marc Adams School of Woodworking?

I have been several times in the past. It's a first class operation! Just look through the list of classes and the names of the instructors. I'm attending a class in a couple weeks on compound veneering with Scott Grove. Here is a link to Scott's winning entry in the 2012 Veneer Tech Challenge...
  20. AL Spicer

Olive Ash Burl and Wenge Coffee Table

Outstanding! I'm sure that's one happy customer. Congrats.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS