Search results

1. C

WTB: Workbench

Thanks, but I have a limited amount of space, 10x20, so 4x4 is probably too big of a footprint. Thanks though.
  2. C

WTB: Workbench

Edit: bonus points for casters and, (this is a huge ask, i know) quadruple bonus points for any knockdown joinery that will make transportation easier. I’m in need of a function work bench and don’t necessarily have the time and bandwidth to build one. That being said, are any of you fine...
  3. C

WTB/ISO Lathe

I want to purchase a fully functional lathe (brand name isn't important), ideally with the capacity to handle a 14" or 16" diameter stock. Prefer to purchase any corresponding chucks, chisels, gauges, etc. PS. I live in Charlotte but I visit Raleigh almost monthly.
  4. C

Wide Blade Attachment for WS3000

WS angle port accomodates blades up to 2", so anything larger is considered "wide" and needs to be sharpened via free hand/tool rest, or with a infeed table and honing device.
  5. C

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely look into it.
  6. C

Does anyone know where I can purchase a wide blade/honing guide table for a WS 3000? The company discontinued them a while back. I've tried some hacks using the tool rest but all it leaves me is a skew blade, which is not the desired outcome. Thanks in advance.
  7. C

DeWalt 735 Planer ($350) - Rock Hill, SC

Not mine, almost seems too good to be true.
  8. C

Commissioned Help '

Thanks Mike, I was worried about the weight associated with the dimensions. I agree, I’d love to be a part of it. The lathe is such a unique tool and in a league of its own. Really difficult to replicate the results with anything else.....lots of hand carving and sand paper I suppose.
  9. C

Commissioned Help '

To all my turners in and around Charlotte. I’m looking for someone to help me turn a pedestal for a kitchen table. There are several options online but I need one made of white oak. I don’t own a lathe, especially one that is capable of turning something this large, which is approximately 23”...
  10. C

Industrial lathe required?

Thanks Chris. I was referring to the bulbous/column portion of the pedestal.
  11. C

Industrial lathe required?

I hope this consortium of like minded individuals can help me with something. What are some methods to recreate a pedestal like the one in the picture? I’m a hobbyist who doesn’t have a lathe, and even if I did, I doubt it would be one large enough to turn something that appears to be 24”, or...
  12. C

"Best" router type for table

"I also have had 4 tractors at one time because I just hated changing implements." This is a flat out boss move right here......
  13. C

Dang....I like your style. My wife asks me, "Why do you have so many of the same tools?" She doesn't understand why I have more than 1 plane. So every time I get a new one she thinks its redundant and rolls her eyes. For the record, I don't have a single duplicated plane, and everyone I have...
  14. C

ISO/WTB 14" Bandsaw

Hey Tom, thanks for the offer, and this might work. Quick question for you, what is the realistic re-saw capacity on this? both in size and limitation w/ a 1HP motor.
  15. C

Thanks, DrBob! I don't anticipate doing much, if any, in the area of raised panels. Ironically enough, the basis for my OP is due to the return window closing on a JessEm 02313 Rout-R-Lift II I purchased for my router. I'm wondering if I'll have to buy another router once this one is put...
  16. C

I am planning to use a 2 1/4 HP Milwaukee router in a new table build but I'm wondering if I should drop back and punt to a 3 HP. Does anyone else have learned experience with this? is there a remarkable difference in the 2, if so, in what specifically? material? stock? bit type? etc. Thank...
  17. C

ISO/WTB 14" Bandsaw

Thanks, Henry. You bring up a valid point. I’m in Charlotte, but I’m willing to drive most anywhere if the price is right.
  18. C

ISO/WTB 14" Bandsaw

Only requirement is that it must be 110v. Outside of that, ideally >= 1 1/2 HP, and decent size iron table. Not a brand loyalist here, but Laguna, Grizzly, and Rikon appear to have the best reviews online, and JET does not. Obviously reviews are highly subjective and by nature skew pretty hard...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors