Search results

1. build4fun

Air compressor... Merry Christmas

Very nice. I have been looking for a quite air compressor myself.
  2. build4fun

A Place to Hang your Hat ... and Coat

My son has a lot of hats and needs a place to hang his coat. So, you can guess what I made him for Christmas. Here is the video of my process to make it.
  3. build4fun

Bench for Christmas

I used poplar as a wood because it has a tight grain pattern. After sanding, I applied an exterior latex paint.
  4. build4fun

Bench for Christmas

The truck is a 48. A separate project, but still fun.
  5. build4fun

Bench for Christmas

I made this bench as a Christmas gift to a family friend and thought I should share. I hope to make another in the future and maybe even a video.
  6. build4fun

Intro from Greensboro

Welcome Kenny, here is to hoping you find much time to enjoy woodworking in your future.
  7. build4fun

Dresser(s) Completed

Very nice! Your paint looks excellent too. I have only painted a few projects and was wondering if you have any advice on how to do it well?
  8. build4fun

Making Good Chamfers with a Hand Plane - No Router

A French cleat system is wonderful as I 'almost' get the spatial organization right and then buy something else and need to change it. Very flexible and helpful.
  9. build4fun

Making Good Chamfers with a Hand Plane - No Router

I often enjoy using my hand tools in lieu of power tools. Making chamfers by hand is one good example, but I do a better job on some days than others. In this video, I build a 'chamfer guide' - something I find helpful when trying to chamfer the edges on a relatively long workpiece. I make...
  10. build4fun

Small boxes for Christmas gifts

Nice looking boxes
  11. build4fun

Hall Table

Nice Project! I was especially curious about how you made the bottom of the legs as that is a nice detail? I can see they are tapered along the length and the bottom portion was made from different materials. Can you explain how you made the material transitions at the bottom of the legs?
  12. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

Sorry, I think it might be easier to download the images with this link: https://secure.smugmug.com/downloads/4674143be891e467606c/17632021
  13. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

Here is a link to some higher resolution pictures. Sorry it took me a while to find a place to upload them. StepStool - Brian Mann
  14. How to make a strong wood step stool - DIY Woodworker Weekend Project

How to make a strong wood step stool - DIY Woodworker Weekend Project

This video describes a good beginner woodworker project - The step stool. I discuss the strategy for building each part and demonstrate primarily with hand t...
  15. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

I have high resolution images if we can figure out how to exchange them. Each are about 8Mb, but I can downsize them as well.
  16. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

here is the quarter sawn oak step stool
  17. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

Do you know how this gets fixed?
  18. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

Hi Mike, I am not sure exactly what you mean. I do not see a place where I either restrict or allow anyone to have permission to download? Of course it works when I try to download. Any thoughts?
  19. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

I love your comment ... 'I plan to use it'... I mostly built things from plans when I started, but can now do it from a picture, a napkin sketch, or cardboard mockup. But that definitely takes time and everyone learns differently.... so there seems to be a need for videos and written plans...
  20. build4fun

The Step Stool Project

I have also added the detailed written plans as a free resource for the NCwoodworker community. How to Make a Strong Wood Step Stool - DIY Woodworker Weekend Project

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS