Search results

1. F

Cleaning laser engraved items

Thanks for your suggestions. I completely forgot about the tape and oramask when I started the project.
  2. F

Cleaning laser engraved items

What do you use to clean the soot off laser engraved items?
  3. F

Entry Level CNC

I’ve since bought a used Sienci Longmill. I haven’t purchased the software yet but I’ll be doing that in the coming weeks.
  4. F

Jointer or JP Combo?

As you stated, the SS was a no brainer. I’ll add the old saying, “buy once, cry once.” I’m a hobbyist and I haven’t given much thought to purchasing a tool like this from the brands to mention. Continue to consider the points the members have made and you’ll come to the right decision.
  5. F

Jointer or JP Combo?

You can rent a box truck with a lift gate that won’t damage your driveway. If the tool has wheels,great, if not you can rent a pallet jack also. Most LTL freight carriers allow dock pick up if the shipper is willing to ship.
  6. F

RUST ALERT

Unfortunately, I missed this post last week. I opened up the garage doors today to assist my neighbor and came back to severe condensation on both bandsaws and table saw tops.
  7. F

Shop furniture…Leave natural or add a finish?

Thanks for your opinions and replies. Especially the reference to “easy to clean.” I used black pipe for a flip top CNC cart and I have unsightly fingerprints everywhere. I’ll be sure to clean it and experiment with a staid and finishes. Beautiful shop and cabinetry. I’ve got a long ways to go...
  8. F

Shop furniture…Leave natural or add a finish?

Do you leave your shop furniture natural or do you add stain with a protective coating or just a protective coating? Looking for opinions and if you added a finish, what did you use? My small bandsaw sits on a plywood oak cabinet and the other carts are BORG sande plywood.
  9. F

Free guitar shipping boxes

Yes.
  10. F

Free guitar shipping boxes

I had a couple of guitars I thought I would need to ship. I ended up selling them locally and didn’t need the boxes after purchasing them on Amazon for $50. Are there any guitar makers or anyone that could use these boxes? There are 4 boxes total. I hate to throw them away. The dimensions are...
  11. F

Spyder 11 Piece Set Bi-metal Arbored Adjustable Hole Saw Kit

Just picked up one these in Lowes of Cary. There’s one left on the display but there’s 6 on the top rack above the saw blades.
  12. F

What to look for on a used SawStop

I would make sure the saw works as intended and the top isn’t rusted. Before I got my 3 hp PCS, those were the things I looked for. Should the Sawstop be treated any different from a Grizzly, Jet, Powermatic, etc.? Rory gave a good explanation of how to test the brake system.
  13. F

Rikon Mini Lathe - $250 (Raleigh)

I tried to get this today but I was too slow as usual. He sent me a text that it was sold.
  14. F

Free Wen dust collector cart - parts ONLY

I’m located in Wake Forest. Do you plan on taking everything?
  15. F

Free Wen dust collector cart - parts ONLY

I have leftover Wen parts from my dust collector installation. I used the motor, flange, and 5” hose. I installed a barrel and Wynn filter so everything leftover is there to assemble the cart.
  16. F

Ash giveaway - moving

About 3 post too late, but one can always try.
  17. F

Ash giveaway - moving

Pm sent.
  18. F

SOLD - For Sale: Onefinity CNC Setup for sale - $1700

Pm sent if the sale doesn’t work out.
  19. F

Jointer Question - Yes, another jointer question

Based on your post, sounds Grizzly is saying they don’t ship with lift gate service. Why not find out the freight company Grizzly ships with, then work out lift gate delivery with the freight company. It’s going to cost extra but it gets it to your house. I can’t think of any LTL carrier that...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS