Search results

1. 2

Creators

I remain interested, but given my dismal track record of organizing such things in the past I must defer to others with better skills in that area to handle that part of it.
  2. 2

Best wood for making a cutting board

A question from inexperience: why specifically a drum sander instead of a handheld RO? Seems to me that RO with a low grit would make fairly quick work of the initial leveling. Keep in mind I've only ever read about this, haven't done any so my knowledge is limited.
  3. 2

Raleigh Saw

I just spoke to them and they are still around. They've just been having technical problems on the website end.
  4. 2

Picked up these gems yesterday!

My dad had one like that. I've been wanting one for some time. If you consider selling, PM me.
  5. 2

Raleigh Saw

I thought I remembered Raleigh Saw being mentioned for sharpening services around here - I went to their website to check things out and I'm getting nothing but a header and a blank page. I can't even get a phone number. Anyone know what's going on there? Or are there other places to go for...
  6. 2

Can't cut straight

I've seen the "hold underneath" technique, maybe I should try that. Didn't think of a router, that definitely could have made things easier.
  7. 2

Mortar & pestle

If that's rusty skills, I'll take rusty.
  8. 2

Can't cut straight

Thanks for the tips. Definitely try to let the tool do the work - but it also sounds like there might simply be some quality issues at play. Not sure about the differences from one side to the other on the blade, it's happened with several blades - but worth looking into. Had the problem with...
  9. 2

How long was your longest project?

My office is going on 5 years paused at the first mudding. Does it count if you only got the wood? I've got a pool table that's been sitting for 4 years now
  10. 2

Woodworking Axioms

A lesson I learned very painfully a couple years ago when working with a chisel.
  11. 2

Can't cut straight

I regularly have all sorts of problems cutting with a jigsaw. Recently, I was cutting some notches in some sheet lumber that I wanted to cut square, and even in the (only) 1-1/2" from the edge, I ended up with a big curve and not at all straight cut. It seems like the blade bends as I'm...
  12. 2

Creators

I see that Pop has some experience in the industry. While I don't have as much time put in, I used to be a video producer - did product sales and instructional videos, a couple local TV shows, infomercials, etc. If you're looking for someone to help from that end of things, let me know.
  13. 2

Expensive bolts (Makita actually)

I've found this to be one advantage of curbside pickup. The disadvantage is that I always end up picking up 3 or 4 orders because "Oh I should get that too" after I place my first 2 orders... So I guess it doesn't make much difference.
  14. 2

Battery Powered Chainsaws

I was pretty dismissive of battery powered "yard" tools some years ago, but since seeing what the newer rescue extrication tools can do, I'm more inclined to consider them now - they've definitely improved. With the land I have, the gas-powered stuff is usually more useful, but it would be nice...
  15. 2

Bought my first Tractor

When I drive through VA I'm always seeing variations of more than $.50/gallon along I-95, with the prices grouped together. Guessing it's county. Haven't seen as big a difference in NC, but I don't typically go that far.
  16. 2

Bought my first Tractor

Mine is a rather new Kubota (5 years old). My 4-year old granddaughter loves it - I have to take her for a ride any time she visits. Looks like a nice vintage piece. Keep it happy and it will keep you happy. I learned that from seeing some of the old workhorses at our annual tractor show. I...
  17. 2

Input required

I know there's only so much to go around, but may I add volunteer fire departments? I'm a member of one and we've been hard hit because a large part of our budget comes from two annual fund-raisers that we've had to cancel due to the virus this year. The bigger "city" departments in our county...
  18. 2

Random Discovery at Home Depot Hawaii

I remember seeing a pretty good selection at HD in Knightdale last time I was there, but that's been awhile. Not as good a selection in Wake Forest. They call them "Project Panels" - just look up plywood project panels on the site and you'll see a selection. Red oak. maple, walnut, aromatic...
  19. 2

Local hardwood

Any suggestions for farther east? So far all of these seem to be west of Raleigh, some a good bit. Worth the trip if necessary, just looking for other options.
  20. 2

Help, what’s this do/for?

Definitely looks massage-table like to me, although the opening for the face seems a little small. The drop pieces would be for arms when face-down.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors