Search results

1. johnpipe108

Photo Enlarger Stand, Pine & Birch Plywood

I'm using paper negative (I use the digital for project photos for posting), and haven't made many pix yet (mostly test pix). The 4 x 5 film, B&W, from the great yellow father is $108 for 50 sheets; I paid about $23 for 25 8 x 10 Ilford MGIV RC, and this gives a per shot cost of 23 cents for 4...
  2. johnpipe108

Here it is: Did it look anything like this? Regards, John
  3. A Federal model 219 enlarger

A Federal model 219 enlarger

This was an extra enlarger; purchased through Craig\'s list. The offer was for two enlargers at $75, a model 450 (4x5 which I wanted) and a model 219 (seen here, 2-1/4 x 3-1/4), which I will post out here (Santa Rosa, CA) for sale.
  4. johnpipe108

Thanks, I'll have to post the photo of the other enlarger (2 -1/4 x 3 -1/4), a Federal medium format model 219. Regards, Jon
  5. johnpipe108

To fully utilize my 4 x 5 cameras, I acquired an old Federal photo enlarger; for a while, it occupied my Black & Decker Workmate 425, which was inconvenient when I needed that workbench. I finally got the chance to pick up some wood, and some more pocket hole screws. One birch ply 2' x 4'...
  6. Photo Enlarger Table Project

Photo Enlarger Table Project

All cutting was hand by, with miter box and backsaw. Exception to this is the plywood top, cut with a Makita cabinet-maker\'s circular saw (width of 2 x 4 ply) and the 10" Craftsman bandsaw (narrow length off of width).
  7. Photo Enlarger Table Project

Photo Enlarger Table Project

Table for enlarger, H = 32, W = 20, and D = 27 inches. Pine frame, Birch ply top. Pocket hole screw assembly. Johnson\'s wax finish.
  8. paper negative and postive from large format camera

paper negative and postive from large format camera

first pix from the camera I built.
  9. viewcamerapix1

viewcamerapix1

A paper negative & a positive contact print from same; first photo from my homebrew large format camera woodworking project.
  10. johnpipe108

4x5 Camera project; first box joint!

The camera project is moving along; not completed yet, but basically functional now. Some minor additions and corrections will be done as they come up. The camera is not based on any particular camera, and the overall style is dictated by the bellows I purchased used (did not know then there...
  11. View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, 4x5

View Camera: view through the ground glass, inverted to right side up for convenience.
  12. View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, spring tabs secure convertible back.
  13. View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, 4x5

View Camera: Conley anastigmat lens in Wollensak Optimo shutter (manufactured from 1910 to 1930).
  14. View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, 4x5

View Camera
  15. View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, 4x5

View Camera
  16. View Camera, 4x5

View Camera, 4x5

View Camera
  17. johnpipe108

4x5 Camera project; first box joint!

I've taken up projects for strange reasons before, but this is one of the strangest! I wanted a camera for my restored wooden tripod, but I failed to win the Ebay auction for a 1902 Premo that I really wanted (I'd had a 1905 4x5 Premo when I was a teen in the 1960's). I responded by deciding...
  18. 4x5 Camera

4x5 Camera

4x5 View Camera. "Engineers Prototype" of back-end; to be done in re-vamped design, probably in walnut like the rear body.
  19. 4x5 Camera

4x5 Camera

4x5 View Camera. Box joint, my first, done by router table with basic keyed miter fence technique.
  20. 4x5 Camera

4x5 Camera

4x5 View Camera. Front standard mahogany? Front panel oak; lens board birch ply.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors