Search results

1. B

Shop For Sale

Friends, I have to sell my shop, I am slowly but surely posting things in the classifieds. I put what seem like fair prices to me on the ads, as we all know that is subjective...if you see something you want lets talk, I would like to see most of this stuff go out to the NC Woodworker...
  2. B

Problem Logging in using Safari on a MAC

I can login using my iPad but not my MAC with Safari. It just will not accept my password. I have done a reset on Safari and reset my password a couple of times. Any help would be appreciated. Bill
  3. B

Home Page Format

Is it possible to reformat the home page, is it a user controllable feature? It would be great to have the new threads take up the center 1/2 of the page and leave columns on each side for classifieds and commercial advertising.
  4. B

Bubinga Hall Table

This is my first post in quite sometime....I seem to have long periods of time where I don't get into the shop. I finished the hall table below for my wife as a Christmas present, it is the final table in a series I built out of bubinga with natural edges. In past few years I built the...
  5. B

Finally Got Back In The Shop And Built BBQ Table

It has been way to long, but I finally built something this past weekend. I needed a table to go with my BBQ, this is what I came up with.... I got the wood from Anchor Hardwoods in Raleigh, nice folks! Thanks, Bill
  6. B

iPad review for Woodworking

I was given both Fine Wood Working and Wood Magazine on DVD as a gift during the last 2 Christmas. I really like the magazines but do not want to sit in front of the computer to read them. I wanted to find a way to read them when I travel so I loaded a few up on my Kindle. The Kindle is great...
  7. B

Bubinga End Tables (w/pics)

A little over a year ago I finished this coffee table, last weekend I finally finished end tables to go with the coffee table. Next year I hope to finish the matching hall table. Thought I would share some pictures...the tables are unique if nothing else! Coffee Table: View image in...
  8. B

First Finished Bowl!

A few weeks back I posted pictures of the first bowl I had turned since I was kid and it came apart in the process. So I thought I should post pictures of my first successful bowl! Anyone have any idea what kind of wood the bowl is made of? Thanks, Bill View image in gallery...
  9. B

The last cut and bang!

I was taking a final light trim cut on the inside of the bowl to just smooth it out before sanding and it went bang! I know I did not cut through the side and the tool was not removing much wood. I was using a Ci0 Easy Finisher when this happened and I did not feel it catch. Any thoughts on...
  10. B

Jet Build Up Sales Event Rebates

This maybe in the wrong forum, please move if needed. Did any of you apply for a rebate during the Jet Build Up Sales Event? I did about 10 weeks ago and have not heard a thing from them. Thanks, Bill
  11. B

Finally Used my Lathe - First Bowl turned today

I bought my wife a lathe about 6 years ago with the hope that she might want to try turning. She decided that it was not for her pretty quickly and the lathe just sat there. I had not turned anything for about 40 years (since wood shop in junior high) until today when I put a bowl blank (green...
  12. B

nhance cabinet renewel process

I was wondering if any of you have had any first hand experience with nhance cabinet renewing process or the local dealer Wake Forest. http://www.nhance.com/ Thanks, Bill
  13. B

Cherry Baby Cradle (w/pics)

My nephew and his wife are having their first child soon and asked if I would make something for the baby's room. I always wanted to make a cradle so I made him this one out of Cherry. This is my first time working with Cherry and I enjoyed working with it since it was new to me and I was...
  14. B

Shellac Mixing Question

Is it normal when you mix up a new batch of shellac that all the flakes do not dissolve and you end up with a thick clump at the bottom of the container? Thanks, Bill
  15. B

A weird bandsaw day!!

On Sunday I finally got into the shop to work on a cradle. I had some 8/4 cherry that needed to be resawed. First piece went fine, the 5/8 Lee Valley cut through no problem...I really like this blade and have gotten good use out of it over the last few years. The next piece, well it got hard...
  16. B

Natural Edge Bubinga Coffee Table (w/pics)

My wife saw a natural edge coffee table (walnut I think) in a magazine and asked me to build one for her. She asked about the time I had just finished my desktop and I had a what I thought was just about a useless piece of wood at the time because of its shape and because it was very warped...
  17. B

Desk Project - with pics

Last February I decided to build myself some office furniture and I wanted to make it my own design. I started out wanting it to be all veneer but but I came across some Bubinga planks that fall into that once in a lifetime wood purchase category and they followed me home! As it turns out the...
  18. B

Shop Storage Project

I just never have enough space in my shop so this weekend I decided to install some overhead storage in the shop (garage).:-) My shop has a walk in storage area above it so I was able to hang 2x4s from the 2x6 cross beams with lag bolts. The whole structure is lag bolted together, measures 8...
  19. B

MLCS Joint Making Videos

Got an email from MLCS today...it led to videos on making joints with router bits and thought some of you might want to watch the how to videos... http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_sc/store/ec080123.html Enjoy, Bill
  20. B

Completed Night Stands

Well I finally completed 2 night stands and can officially say my 7 or is it 8 year effort to build a bedroom set is complete! I recently posted some under construction pictures and thought you might want to see the finished product. Regards, Bill

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS