Search results

1. S

Local (triangle) source for dimensional lumber.

Building a shed. Would like to get my framing material locally, if possible. Rough sawn is fine. If I'm going to pay a fortune for a 2x6, it might as well go to someone around here.
  2. S

Suggestions on a sharpener that does steel blades.

I've got a couple dozen old steel table saw blades. Looking for a suggestion on a sharpener that still does these and would be willing to tell me which aren't worth doing. Does the sharpener that the hardwood store uses do steel blades?
  3. S

I need a few parts made from aluminum and brass.

I have a delta 10" tilt top table saw from the 40s (I think). The trunnions are made of pot metal and pretty famous for breaking and are more or less unobtainium. I have a pair of good ones, but I want to nip this problem in the bud and have some made of aluminum or brass or bronze. I believe...
  4. S

I've got some teak to trade.

I have a little stockpile of teak. Some smaller 8/4 pieces, a bunch of 7-8' long pieces about 3x3 or so, some smaller pieces. Not a ton, but probably worth it for some furniture work or turning. Looks like 8/4 teak is $31 a bf at the hardwood store. I think my face just melted like in raiders of...
  5. S

Senco repair kits and parts.

Our local tool store is closing and I bought out their inventory of senco parts and kits. All my senco guns are discontinued and most of the parts are too. The store had a lot of hard to find/discontinued parts and kits. If you've got senco guns and you need anything, let me know. I'm not...
  6. S

FOUND Delta Tilt Top

Probably a long shot here, but I'm maybe looking to find an old Delta tilt top table saw. Would like to find a ten inch, but I doubt there's really a ton of these around. I thought there might be an off chance that someone has one in a basement or shed or something. I don't think there's a ton...
  7. S

Delta Rolling Platform

Had a Craftsman 113 table saw on it. Inside dimensions.are 28-3/4 by 25-1/4. Customizable, but only if you can make some new wooden pieces ;). Dusty, but in good shape . $40. Located in Durham.
  8. S

16 and 18 inch RAS Blades

One 16" and one 18" blade. I believe these are for radial arm saws, as they have 1" arbors. I think a table saw with a blade this large would have larger arbors. Lotsa teeth (I didn't count them), freshly sharpened. The 16" blade is an 1/8 kerf, the 18" blade is 5/32. No branding. These are good...
  9. S

SOLD Forest City Tools & Greenlee Drills And Countersinks

Lot of FCT and Greener tapered drill bits and countersinks for old timey tapered cabinet screws. All of these are NOS except for the 3 drill bits with countersinks on them. There are 2 countersinks included that i found after taking this picture. $50 for the lot. Located in Durham. Sold.
  10. S

Hand Tool Lot.

Stanley no 3, ready to use Jeweler's saw Burnisher Old style stanley square Palm gouge Mora carving knife Stanley coping saw $70 for the lot.
  11. S

Hand Saws

Sold. I have only cleaned these with some household cleaner. All are straight. The two rip saws are in desperate need of jointing. Located in durham. From top to bottom: -Disston D-8 8 point 24" -Atkins 24" Miter Saw -Disston no. 7 or no. 8 Full Size Rip Saw ~4 point -Atkins full size Rip...
  12. S

Wobbler Dado Blades

2 6-1/4" Rockwell and 1 8" comet. I think the rockwell's do 13/16 and the comet will do 1-1/16. $20 for both the rockwells (one may be no good, has some damage to the plastic). $20 for the Comet.
  13. S

Cast Iron Wings for Craftsman 113 Table Saw.

Sold. With hardware. Probably would fit any contractor saw. $50. Located in Durham.
  14. S

I'd like to have a handle made.

I need a handle for my miter saw. I ordered a replacement, but it's much crappier than the one that came on it. Then I thought: wouldn't it be nice to not touch a piece of plastic? So I'd like to have one made. It would need to be center bored so I can epoxy a piece of threaded rod into it. I...
  15. S

Harvard Auger Set w/extras

Sold Harvard "Irwin Pattern" auger set (no coat tail riding here, I'm sure). Nice finger jointed wooden case. The set is missing the 7/16 and 1". There's a 7/16" in the extras. I can't read the brand names on the extras. $50. Located in Durham.
  16. S

Huot Drill Index

Sadly it's empty, but in great condition. Slots for 1/16 to 1/2 drills, or whatever else. About 15x8x8. $40. Located in Durham. Sold
  17. S

Free: 10" Dado Set

No brand on this, but it was at one time a very nice dado set. The two blades need to be retiped, maybe some of the chippers tok. The chippers are various widths. Located in Durham. Will ship, you pay the freight.
  18. S

Rockwell/Delta Splayed Leg Base

About 29" tall, top is 12x7. $50. Located in Durham. Sold. 
  19. S

I've been dumpster diving.

Not really. But I've got a bunch of pretty heavy stuff that was going to get thrown out because no one wanted it. Problem is, a lot of this stuff is over my head. I'm hoping someone here has some experience with large machines and can help me identify some of this stuff. Or maybe y'all might...
  20. S

Slidin Miter Saw Advice

After a few months of searching the classifieds for a miter saw I've found out that I'm too slow to get a deal and I'm probably going to have to buy new. Would like some anecdotal evidence from the peanut gallery. I do not trust any online reviews. I'll be using the saw as my main crosscut...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS