Search results

1. D

Joinery Help

I have this small table I am going to try to build, but it doesn't have to be an exact duplicate. The lower shelf is attached with screws. I would like to do a different method for the lower shelf. i was thinking maybe slot the legs horizontally but that might make the finished product too week...
  2. D

Wipe on Poly and paint?

My question is whether this products get along. I am working a piece with a painted frame and stained shelves. If I get some poly on the painted surface, am I going to get an undesirable result? Thanks for any help you can lend.
  3. D

Bandsaw Blade still ok?

I håve my first bandsaw (bench top) and was cutting some curves today and the blade jumped off. It did kink just a little. I put it back on and finished my cutting my project after rechecking the setup. Is this blade still good to use? How do you folks handle a blade jumping off? Again this is...
  4. D

Using a Router sled to flatten lumber

I work out of a small area (12 x 16) with very limited storage for my tools. I have been thinking about trying a router ski sled for planing operations. I mostly make small items and usually don't have a need to surface multiple boards at one time. Would this be practical as an idea to save...
  5. D

Trivets Slots

I have a few chair backs I want to recycle in something to put a hot dish on in the kitchen. I think they are called trivetes. I want to cut slots in the chair backs. I know if I was making from scratch I would cut the slots before cutting the curves. My table saw does not support a dado set so...
  6. D

Is electric hand planer worth having?

My situation is I set up in the yard to do my hobbyist woodworking. No room for a benchtop planer. I would like to ability to flatten boards. I mostly build small items like butterfly and birdhouses. I have only bought wood from the big box stores thus far. Would an electric hand plane be useful...
  7. D

Flat top saw blade

Wanting to get a flat top blade for my Dewalt Contractors saw to mess around with lap joints and dados. Looking for a blade. My saw does not take a dado stack and is the 8.25 blade model. About the only thing I am finding is a 8 “Freud heavy rip blade. Is anyone using one of these little saws...
  8. D

Router Bit for Slots

I'm just getting into woodworking and wanting to make a few jigs with slots. Which is the correct router bit to use on the table? I was thinking a spiral upcut bit. Would that be the right bit? Thanks.
  9. D

Hello from Mooresville

Thanks for letting me join. I’m a brand new woodworker at 63. Got a few projects under my belt and looking to do more. Looking forward to learning from you folks.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS