Search results

1. BobJr

Powermatic and Jet 10% off sale

Anyone with experience with the Jet 15” floor drill press? Thoughts? Good bad or indifferent.
  2. BobJr

Lie Nielsen Tools for sale/New tools added

Interested...
  3. BobJr

Help Identifying Tree

I vote hickory
  4. BobJr

Free Hickory (GONE)

I have an old hickory that needs to come down next winter on my property. Plan on drying and milling it myself, but would love to get some experience with hickory before the tree comes down.
  5. BobJr

Free Hickory (GONE)

Interested!!
  6. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Thanks Jim, yes I thought this was a walnut based on the nuts I cracked open that fell off but should have dug a little deeper into identification. Still considering milling the straight pieces at a minimum for a nice heavy workbench or a dining room table, or both. What doesn’t get milled will...
  7. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Update: turns out this is a hickory tree! Tree guy got a good chuckle out of it. I never considered hickory but after doing some research makes a lot of sense why the leaves never quite matched the tree identification pictures. Will still make for good furniture building
  8. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Purchased. Thank you
  9. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Good tip! I took them out when I bought the house to make sure they were SS and gently tapped them back in so I don’t think it will be an issue. But might as well just go take them out tomorrow. Thanks!
  10. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Two stainless steel nails I would’ve never done such a thing to a beautiful tree, it’s left from the previous owners :)
  11. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

The OP??
  12. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Great advice, thank you. I have plenty of space in the back to air dry if I can do it outside (obviously slower). I’ve also got a 16 ft shed and an extra dehumidifier I wonder if that would be a better option
  13. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Wow thanks! Didn’t know about most of these
  14. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Great tips, thank you! Did not think about treating it. Makes sense
  15. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Thanks Casey! I will leave the actual cutting to the professionals but I like your thinking. I’m thinking of using the crotch for a slab or two.
  16. BobJr

Falling a Walnut Tree

Good evening all- I am looking for some advice and print or internet resources on the process of falling a walnut tree and having it rough milled and kiln dried. I have this beautiful walnut tree in my yard (see picture) but unfortunately it towers over the driveway. As it grows we’re running...
  17. BobJr

SOLD - Ridgid TS3650 Table saw

Hi Shayne, just moved from the west coast and sold a lot of my equipment before the move out there. Building my shop back up now- need both a table saw and a jointer. Would you be willing to discount me if I take the table saw and the jointer off your hands?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS